Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

You are allowed a one time exemption from taxes for importation of household goods as a legal resident. No IVA is paid.

You will need a menaje de casa. If you are using a moving company they will work with the customs agent. 

You can find a lot of information on rollybrook.com

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We drove in with a van packed to the roof and a carrier on top loaded with what we needed to get settled, along with 3 dogs. We had no paperwork on the goods, plenty for the dogs, but after a cursory glance at the totes we were waved through. They just laughed at the three crated Chihuahuas and never inquired about any paperwork for them either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...