Chapala.com Webboard

Coyote my Barber for last 5-7 yrs is Gone

mkshawn

Coyote in Buganvilla Plaza is Gone, where are you getting your hair cut Now? San Antonio, Ajijic, Riberas?

I'm a 72± senior, bald with a fringe, not really complicated! I found a shop called Panache(sp) across the street in the search function & have used the gentleman in Chapala however parking is hell right now!

All recommendations appreciated by Coyotes old clientele. 

I use a Guy called Chuy  on Emiliano Zapata in Chapala.

He is quick and inexpensive and does not attack me like sharing a sheep. The downside is that many ladies go there and they spend a lot of time in the chair. The price 45 pesos

Recently  I went to the one in the copy shop in Chapala..snip, snip snip snip and 120 pesos and "ages latter you are done. If he was quicker I would "sacrifice the price difference.

For almost 12 years my gal is Lupita on the plaza in SAT. Started using her out of her mother in laws house just up the street from me when i first moved here full time. A few years later she opened her shop on the north side of the plaza and never a bad haircut. Her prices have gone up a little since then. I think now only $70 and I always give her $100 and she is very happy. It is just her and the shop is always busy with both guys and gals and all seem like regulars so she is doing something right. Tell her that Dennis sent you!

17 hours ago, dcstroker said:

If you're bald with just fringe on the sides why not go all the way? I've been shaving my head for the last 25 years, so much easier and cheaper.

Every once in a while I have a #1 cut, wife hates it, my son has a shaved head for 8-10yrs. I do actually have quite a bit of hair on the top but its so fine it might as well be gone.

So thanks for the all advice, I will start with the closest & work my way out. Quite a few I had never heard about, so most curious!

13 hours ago, gringohombre said:

For almost 12 years my gal is Lupita on the plaza in SAT. Started using her out of her mother in laws house just up the street from me when i first moved here full time. A few years later she opened her shop on the north side of the plaza and never a bad haircut. Her prices have gone up a little since then. I think now only $70 and I always give her $100 and she is very happy. It is just her and the shop is always busy with both guys and gals and all seem like regulars so she is doing something right. Tell her that Dennis sent you!

Lupita is a Keeper, says hi to you as well. Tks for the recommendation!