Chapala.com Webboard

Please go to site and sign!!!!

HarryB

Is there an Ajijic resident who hasn’t had an altercation with a cab driver? Yes, there are individual cabbies whom we all love and I suspect those who aren’t nice, don’t even live in Ajijic. They just come here for our money! I have several objectives for bringing this up.

In Ajijic, there are TWO official, yet unsigned for years, handicapped parking spaces. With the continued influx of elderly residents, both expat and Mexican, MORE handicap spaces at the plaza are essential and their lack of is probably a violation of Mexico’s human rights laws. There have been incidents where senior citizen transportation was denied parking by taxi personnel, violating Mexico’s tradition of respect and care for seniors.

Therefore, I propose:

1.      That the number of taxi parking spaces be cut in half and that the spaces be dedicated to handicap parking WITH signs. Chapala has multiple spaces with signs.

2.      That the taxi stand east of Guadalajara Pharmacy and three spaces at the Malecon be activated for taxis in compensation to the cabbies and for the convenience of residents. Elderly customers  especially tourists, might not be able to walk to the Plaza to get a cab.

3.      That the police monitor the dedicated spaces at the plaza and be instructed to call Transito when unauthorized persons park in these spaces; often personnel from nearby businesses.

you need to go to the site to sign see address http://chng.it/MYpJS9Zq

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 12:55 PM, HarryB said:

Is there an Ajijic resident who hasn’t had an altercation with a cab driver? Yes, there are individual cabbies whom we all love and I suspect those who aren’t nice, don’t even live in Ajijic. They just come here for our money! I have several objectives for bringing this up.

In Ajijic, there are TWO official, yet unsigned for years, handicapped parking spaces. With the continued influx of elderly residents, both expat and Mexican, MORE handicap spaces at the plaza are essential and their lack of is probably a violation of Mexico’s human rights laws. There have been incidents where senior citizen transportation was denied parking by taxi personnel, violating Mexico’s tradition of respect and care for seniors.

Therefore, I propose:

1.      That the number of taxi parking spaces be cut in half and that the spaces be dedicated to handicap parking WITH signs. Chapala has multiple spaces with signs.

2.      That the taxi stand east of Guadalajara Pharmacy and three spaces at the Malecon be activated for taxis in compensation to the cabbies and for the convenience of residents. Elderly customers  especially tourists, might not be able to walk to the Plaza to get a cab.

3.      That the police monitor the dedicated spaces at the plaza and be instructed to call Transito when unauthorized persons park in these spaces; often personnel from nearby businesses.

you need to go to the site to sign see address http://chng.it/MYpJS9Zq

Harry how many signatures do we have as of today?

As of now we have 234 signatures. This morning I contacted leaders in the expat community and enlisted their help. This pm Hector is bringing me the phone numbers of three leaders in the mexican community and I will go to see them to enlist their support and buy them a coffee!

klm, we are not asking for donations, but at some point we may need help paying for the sign materials. Right now we need all the signatures we can get. 

As of this am we are up to 290 signatures!!!!!!!!!!!!!