Chapala.com Webboard

Cow Apartment

Robinh

5 minutes ago, Justathought said:

Okay ..so is ‘ cow ‘ the name of the apartment building ? Or was there really a cow outside the building hence the name ‘ Cow ‘ apartments .  

The cow was the landmark at the entrance on Madero to lane way leading to the apartments behind. There is a pet food store on the north corner and 2 doors in on the south a foto studio. There is even parking for and behind behind the apartments but they are small sort of like motel rooms with a kitchen i think.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

Ha!  Two or three blocks north of where Restaurante Superior used to be, and upstairs from where the cow used to be....or very close, as I recall.    😀

If you can't remember and try to make a joke of it,I suggest that you don't give useless advice to people who might actually be looking for those apartments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 7

The entrance to the alleyway is between Lopez Cotilla and Degollado on the south side of Madero (main street). There USED to be a black and white cow in the middle of it and it was used as a landmark for those looking for the photo place.

Here is the entrance to it on Google Earth...

https://earth.google.com/web/@20.29121111,-103.1920137,1534.58166504a,0d,90y,14.2207002h,98.48927666t,0r/data=IhoKFjNDWFVVaUw5ak5jRXhnOEZSVnRVd0EQAg

Geez, jillin, lighten up. I thought RV's post was hilarious considering how many businesses change locations or names here. Not good for newbies I suppose but amusing for those of us that have been around for a while.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Ferret said:

The entrance to the alleyway is between Lopez Cotilla and Degollado on the south side of Madero (main street). There USED to be a black and white cow in the middle of it and it was used as a landmark for those looking for the photo place.

Geez, jillin, lighten up. I thought RV's post was hilarious considering how many businesses change locations or names here. Not good for newbies I suppose but amusing for those of us that have been around for a while.

Apparently I know  the person in question and what is or is not his sense of humour , better than you.  I thought we were here to help newbies with a question like this,not screw with them to "amuse" each other. I am sure the people seriously looking for those apartments thank you  for the portion of your post that gives more clarification as to their location

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Well, I first noted it as being on the east side then looked at the map again and thought the careterra goes east west and you make a left onto Madero... so.. . It's confusing to say the least. Did the best I could. I guess the best way to describe it is "after making the left turn from the careterra at the lights onto Madero, the entrance will be on your RIGHT" as described.

1 minute ago, stuphel said:

I just read through this thread and realized no one stated that there wasn't a REAL cow at the location, but a full-sized statue of a black and white cow.  Hence the name of the apartments.  Since the statue is no longer there, the name is even more bizarre, but so it goes.  

The name of the apartments is not "cow apartments" as it was pointed out, that the cow was merely a landmark at one time to find the lane where the apartments were is all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1