Chapala.com Webboard

Where can I sell my original (wood burned) artwork?

daniarte

Hi all! I'm a pyrography (wood burning) artist and I"m looking to sell my artwork locally. Any ideas of where to start? In the past, I've displayed my work for sale in restaurants/coffee shops but I'm not sure of where to begin to inquire about selling/displaying my work here in the Chapala area. I attached a photo of my work below as an example. 

I mostly create wall art, but I'm beginning to dabble in furniture as well so any and all suggestions are much appreciated! 

LRM_EXPORT_18424882713948_20190625_053322023 (1).jpeg

• Like 3

Are you a member of Aijijic Society of the Arts? If not, you should be. Great contacts among long time and new local artists, great source for you. They also sponsor several art shows of members’ work each year. Artists also use local art group Facebook pages. Best of luck. Your work is beautiful.

• Like 1

Please see announcement of next Ajijic Society of the Arts meeting in today's post.  There is also a show coming to the Cultural Center on Feb. 15th of members work and the annual Open Studios of ASA artists and craftspeople happens on the weekend of February 22nd and 23rd.  Catalogs showing all the artists' work are now on sale at various locations, including the Lake Chapala Society.  50 pesos.  Too late for new applicants this year, but there's the next one in 2021 to join in!

13 hours ago, More Liana said:

Slainte, how do you know that s/he was born in Mexico?  Just curious... :)

Nieta,  ¿ quieres saber el hospital en Guadalajara en donde se nacio???   

¿ Hay mas preguntas de curiosidades ?   LOL

edit to add....As  I have said many times before, too many members of this board think that only foreigners, or English as first language only, use or follow this board.  There are, believe it or not, many Mexicans who can read, write, and speak English that participate and are lurking about.   :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Nieta,  ¿ quieres saber el hospital en Guadalajara en donde se nacio???   

¿ Hay mas preguntas de curiosidades ?   LOL

edit to add....As  I have said many times before, too many members of this board think that only foreigners, or English as first language only, use or follow this board.  There are, believe it or not, many Mexicans who can read, write, and speak English that participate and are lurking about.   :D

Por supuesto qué sí, Slainte.  Lo que dices, y bien dicho que sea, no corresponde a la pregunta que hice.  No encontré nada en lo que ha subido el poster que indica si es extranjero/a o ciudadano/a mexicano/a.  Dijiste que es mexicano/a y te pregunté de cómo sabes.  Cuentas con una bola de cristal?  

• Haha 1

¡ No hay de qué ! ¡ Preguntaste ! ¡ Contesté !  Una otra persona estaba preguntando sobre el asunto de su status de migración, permiso de trabajo,

pago de impuestos, etc., etc.  Yo respondió que la conozco muy bien y ella es ciudadana mexicana y por eso no necesita ellos documentos.

Yo no hubiera dicho nada si no la conocía bien.

No hay problema amiga......Paz y salud

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 6:21 PM, daniarte said:

Hi all! I'm a pyrography (wood burning) artist and I"m looking to sell my artwork locally. Any ideas of where to start? In the past, I've displayed my work for sale in restaurants/coffee shops but I'm not sure of where to begin to inquire about selling/displaying my work here in the Chapala area. I attached a photo of my work below as an example. 

I mostly create wall art, but I'm beginning to dabble in furniture as well so any and all suggestions are much appreciated! 

LRM_EXPORT_18424882713948_20190625_053322023 (1).jpeg

What size is that and have you found a source for the wood that you were asking for?