Chapala.com Webboard

List of Shaw Stations that are availalbe Lake Side

sem123

Ajijic Electronics gave me a list of the Shaw ones that actually are available Lakeside. I'm in the process of checking it out. The list from AE is on the New Channel lineup and is Numerical whereas I use the Advanced Lineup and find it more useful to use the Alphabetical lineup so it takes a bit of checking.  And you need a magnifying glass to read the Shaw brochure on the subject and I can't find my magnifiers. Confusing.

15 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

Our Shaw list kept dropping programs so we went to Dish and love it. We get everything. 

Everything? Do you get TVO and the Knowledge Network? I doubt it.

And also some channels from the US, ie.3 or 4 from Detroit and Seattle, and one from fox Rochester, PBS Buffalo, and PBS Spokane.

At least that is what the "on screen" schedule shows; what I do not know is if all of them are viewable down here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johanson said:

I also want my home town stations, something that Shaw Direct would do for me.

Me too plus TVO, Knowledge Network, BBC, and the CBC and CTV news channels. I'm looking for quality not quantity. You still get hundreds of channels (about 290) here with Shaw.

I have a list of the channels that are supposed to work here but it is too long (about 290 channels) to type out. Ajijic Electronics in west Ajijic has a handout they give out. 

• Like 2

Interestingly, I have not lost a single channel I cared about. Get all the Canadian and US Networks (two of each including PBS), and lots of specialty channels. CRAVE, for example, carries shows by Spark, Hulu, Starz, etc. Of course you do need to be paying for a fairly large package. Before all the channels went HiDef, I only watched about 30 of them anyway... standard def was too yucky. But Discovery, History, all that specialty stuff is still there... you need a HiDef receiver and a HiDef dish and a good complement of paid-for programming. Which is, yes, expensive.

• Thanks 1