Chapala.com Webboard

Sunset Cruise on Lake Chapala

The sun here sets in the West. Which means many times is it obscured at sunset by the mountains surrounding the Lake on the North shore. It gets dark quickly in the tropical latitudes, often close to the same time every day. Far more impressive are the sunrises and full moon skies. The Lake is greatly underutilized for recreation and tourism, mostly because the water rarely rises over 72F, even in the summer. Then again, maybe that is a good thing, peace and calm, versus the hyperactive frenzy of resort beaches.

Let the peace and calm into your heart. Until the fireworks start!

• Haha 1

Also the fact that the lake is less than 10 feet deep in many spots with lots of hidden objects that are erected when the lake recedes to it's lowest levels every so often. Those that build fences, etc. rarely take them down when the lake rises.

What about the Batur cruise ship, I haven't seen it in years since the days it used to dock in Chapala.  I would really love to know what is up with that ship.  I never see it come down near Chapala anymore, and I'm on the malecón almost daily.  Jocotepec also has the Fiesta boat.  That could be an option to watch the sunset.

34 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

What about the Batur cruise ship, I haven't seen it in years since the days it used to dock in Chapala.  I would really love to know what is up with that ship.  I never see it come down near Chapala anymore, and I'm on the malecón almost daily.  Jocotepec also has the Fiesta boat.  That could be an option to watch the sunset.

Batur cruises out of Piedra Barrenada no?

You realize that they had a mobility problem last year. The engine failed and they had to be rescued by fishermen. The people on board were stuck there until 3 or 4 in the morning.

• Sad 1

At the tourist area just east of San Juan Cosala there are a number of different boat options. They have party boats, a very large double decker boat and various other boat rentals for a few hours or all day. You could check there:-)