Chapala.com Webboard

Mexicans CarJacked and Killed near border

RickS

What about him? The point is Borderland Beat posts many stories that have no basis in fact or that are not verifiable by other sources. The fact that some of their postings are accurate does not change the narrative. They follow the great tradition of the rags some folks used to buy just before checking out in the grocery store. Yes, they were popular also but they still were rags.

• Like 1

Of course the post are anonymous, have you not paid attention to the number of journalist which where killed last year ? The only thing I did not look at are the video, I checked out one in the beginning and one was enough. Also the american girl that was killed had she been Mexican would have never made the news, she would just be another number to be added to the murder statistics. What I also did not mention in my post above is that every morning I also read the MSN news since they pretty much cover all mainstream political parties. 

Take the Former security chief of former president Felipe Calderon, whilst the American tax payer where funding the war on drugs he (Genaro Garcias Luna) was receiving money from a a cartel to turn a blind eye. This was first reported on borderland beat then later on MSN.

You are welcome to call them rags, its your opinion, but the horror that happens daily in Mexico is hard to ignore.

well  wonder why is it ok to report crime and talk about crime on th eMexico theread but not on the local theread when people locally are disa´´earing right and left like they did 4 years ago... This has a whole lot more to do with our securty here that some people we dod not know being killed on some  deserted road on the border-

Anyone has a good explanation for that? 

3 hours ago, bmh said:

well  wonder why is it ok to report crime and talk about crime on th eMexico theread but not on the local theread when people locally are disa´´earing right and left like they did 4 years ago... This has a whole lot more to do with our securty here that some people we dod not know being killed on some  deserted road on the border-

Anyone has a good explanation for that? 

This site is owned by a real estate company. They do not want discussions of local crime. It is bad for business. Inside Lakeside and Facebook groups (one dedicated entirely to local crime) report and discuss crime all you want.

9 hours ago, bmh said:

but crime in Mexico where we live is OK.. Sorry but that does not make sense..  I am not interested in reading the facebook crime.. sites.. I get my info from whatever the press says and like the Mexicansdo.. jearsay and that is bad enough.

Rules of the web board do not have to make sense to us, only to the owners of the board. Since you have other sources for the information (as many of us do) not talking about it here is not really an issue. We come here to find out when Costco has salted butter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I live in the Santa Maria/La Cascada area. I am pretty sure that I and one other person are the only non Mexicans. Its like being black living in an all white neighborhood but are not racist. I love it because its like having one big family. But you want to know about crime, suggest you start a thread on the other board and will be happy to tell you. As a teaser I was offered an almost brand new 357 Magnum for 12,000.00 pesos. I declined because the fire power is enough to kill an elephant  which are pretty rare in this area.

• Sad 1

Thanks Honey Bee , I have been around the block a few times and I do not need to read or hear about crime.. I just noticed that young people I know  are disappearing like they did 4 years ago and their family  are looking for them.. Also noticed the new faces showing up at old corners... Went through the experience with a friend looking for her son and it is plenty ugly.. A whole lot uglier than beng offered a gun.  It was ugly 4 years ago and we are going right back into the same situaton with the extra stress about finding the salted butter.

. Good thing I am French and that I eat unsalted butter unless I eat radishes and then I can but salt on the radishes if I do not have salted butter-

5 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

I live in the Santa Maria/La Cascada area. I am pretty sure that I and one other person are the only non Mexicans. Its like being black living in an all white neighborhood but are not racist. I love it because its like having one big family. But you want to know about crime, suggest you start a thread on the other board and will be happy to tell you. As a teaser I was offered an almost brand new 357 Magnum for 12,000.00 pesos. I declined because the fire power is enough to kill an elephant  which are pretty rare in this area.

Honeybee I beg to differ with you there are Elephants in every posting on this web page

I think the 357 Magnum cannot be registered in Mexico, it is not a permitted handgun.  Hence, the ammo will be nearly unobtainable.  That may be the reason for the bargain price.  Unregistered and no ammo.  You could probably sell it in Ajijic anyway though and still pocket some pesos.