Chapala.com Webboard
Sturdley

Plant Exotica development

It appears that the vivero 0n the Northwest corner of the Libramiento and Caraterra is on its last stages of operating.  Is there any knowledge of what might

be happening to this prime bit of real estate going forward?

I continue to shop for plants there.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:53 AM, Sturdley said:

It appears that the vivero 0n the Northwest corner of the Libramiento and Caraterra is on its last stages of operating.  Is there any knowledge of what might

Any proof of this other than “it appears”? Sounds like the annual rumor for this corner that tells us to expect a new Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.there that many newbies fall for every year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I heard from a reliable source who is bang on every time, that it will be a sanatorium for people who start rumours and those who believe them. My source has already been admitted even though it hasn't been built, interestingly enough by the same contractor that is building that new hospital up the road from it which we were told was going to be open for business right now as we speak.

• Haha 6

58 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

I heard from a reliable source who is bang on every time, that it will be a sanatorium for people who start rumours and those who believe them. My source has already been admitted even though it hasn't been built, interestingly enough by the same contractor that is building that new hospital up the road from it which we were told was going to be open for business right now as we speak.

I am old enough to remember when that hospital was going to be finished before the one up and running now for several months. The medical director even professionally posted mocking comments about it. When it became clear that wasn’t happening he said the hospital would be completed by December 1st because it “had to be.” Oh, and the grand opening would be January 1st. Yet, here we are. 

• Haha 3

On 1/4/2020 at 11:53 AM, Sturdley said:

Dude, there have been a thousand rumors of this place closing and something else about to be built there over the years.  Mexico is the land of magical realism and the national pastime is storytelling.  Ask anyone about the dragon in the lake and you`ll get another thousand stories.  There`s absolutely no sense in posting something you have heard.  "It appears" gives it no additional credence.  Even "official" documents signify very little about what might come.   One can tell their stories but no one here will believe anything they cannot see.

• Like 6

Well if it really has to be a fast food then my choice would be a Tim Hortons. The down side is I would have to walk there and back which would probably take about 2 hours just to burn off the Tim bits !

• Haha 1

Largest selection of herbs, larger landscape plants, some cacti, handmade cards,

in short, a good vivero.

Rosario and Lupe, who worked there for 18 years, have started their own Vivero, WabiSabi, in Ajijic on V. Carranza, upper Ajijic. Beautiful flowers, orchids, ha dcrafts and leather items. V. Carranza 7.

Exotic is in a probate dispute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ajijicbound said:

Rosario and Lupe, who worked there for 18 years, have started their own Vivero, WabiSabi, in Ajijic on V. Carranza, upper Ajijic. Beautiful flowers, orchids, ha dcrafts and leather items. V. Carranza 7.

Exotic is in a probate dispute.

Proof ?

4 hours ago, tomgates said:

Largest selection of herbs, larger landscape plants, some cacti, handmade cards,

in short, a good vivero.

Yes, a good selection. I've been to them all a number of times.