Chapala.com Webboard

Renewing vehicle registration

Hi there, 

I will be renewing vehicle registration for a friend this month in Chapala, however have heard conflicting information about what is required for this. 

What I understand is if I have the plate number, the vehicle owner's full name and DOB, that is all that is required to renew. I don't require to bring in past years receipts or copies of receipts for this process. 

Any thoughts to illuminate this would be appreciated!

In gratitude,

Susan

All you need is the plate#.  Taking a past receipt is the easiest way - you just hand the previous year's receipt to the clerk and they do the rest.  You do not need to be the registered owner to do the renewal.

• Like 1

If you want to just change the address on the registration do you need a light or CFE or? bill showing your name and the new address?

I gave them last years receipt this morning, he told me how much, I paid him and he immediately printed out my 2020 receipt and as he handed it to me he Stated come back and pick up my Decal for the windshield as they did not have them yet..I walked out with my new paper receipt...No line..but I can only imagine what it will be when I return...LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, helohfe said:

I gave them last years receipt this morning, he told me how much, I paid him and he immediately printed out my 2020 receipt and as he handed it to me he Stated come back and pick up my Decal for the windshield as they did not have them yet..I walked out with my new paper receipt...No line..but I can only imagine what it will be when I return...LOL

What was the cost?

Where is the registration office located and what is the deadline for payment of fees.  AND, sorry to reopen old wounds, but will Jalisco be conducting car inspections this year and where locally?  Thanks in advance.

23 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

If you are renewing a moto, don't forget to take your moto license and copy of your insurance in to receive the lower renewal rate.  This is new for this year.

Actually you don't require proof of license or insurance they tried to pass that law but did not go through. For motorcycles you pay $260.00 pesos and they will probably try and tack on the red cross fee.