Chapala.com Webboard

Alarm system in Ajijic

RAA

Unless they drove a vehicle into your house for the actual entry method, I would look at what I could do to prevent the same kind of entry in the future before I investigated alarms. It's not like NOB.

• Like 1

Agree with pappy. On a visit to Dolores H. on a Saturday night, the alarm at a bank in the center of town was sounding. Returning the next morning to eat at a restaurant 2 doors down from that bank, and the alarm was still sounding. No one cares when alarms sound. Everyone is just numb from hearing them. Kinda like when houses are broken into  or people are murdered, happens so much, people just accept it as what it is and go on with their lives.

• Like 1

Alarms work. Thieves leave quickly. There are plenty of houses with only bars they can get into and spend all the time they want.

My alarm calls my cell then I can view with the cameras. When I was away my neighbor went in to check the house and accidently set off the alarm. Internet was off so I could not see the cameras. I called Chapala police instantly. By the time he shut off the alarm the police had arrived. 

Just because a bank alarm was still sounding doesn't mean that the police had not been there and checked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have ADT and am in process of cancelling the service.  I’ve never been broken into...this small street is quite safe, but wanted more peace of mind.  The problem is...if the alarm goes off, ADT will alert the police.  But.... I have an electric garage door with a street door in it which is how you enter the property.  So, the alarm goes off, a thief is inside, and the police cannot break in...not permitted.  Said potential thief then goes over a back wall with whatever and the police have no idea and can do nothing.  Have discussed this with ADT and other alarm companies, it’s the same...  and personally I don’t want an electric fence or barbed wire, which will block a portion of our view and is just plain ugly.  Now going to just put in cameras, inside and street door.