Chapala.com Webboard

Spam mail

artsnob

29 minutes ago, artsnob said:

I do the same delete. But they are a nuisance. Is there a way to keep them getting in to my hotmail account 

My hotmail puts most of them in the junk folder . The ones it misses I put there and then use the block option. This morning there were 9 in my junk folder to be blocked. It has become a necessary daily routine in the last 6 months.

2 hours ago, artsnob said:

I do the same delete. But they are a nuisance. Is there a way to keep them getting in to my hotmail account 

Yes... quit using Hotmail. 

If you are suggesting that Hotmail is missing 10-20 spam emails to you a day, then it is truly time to move to another email provider that has a clue. 

16 minutes ago, RickS said:

Yes... quit using Hotmail. 

If you are suggesting that Hotmail is missing 10-20 spam emails to you a day, then it is truly time to move to another email provider that has a clue. 

My Hotmail hardly misses any spam. It puts it in the junk folder right away. No spam since the 9 I blocked this am. Works just fine so I see no need to screw myself up by changing an account I've had for 20 years.

6 hours ago, artsnob said:

Is there a way to keep them getting in to my hotmail account 

Since you have/get many emails due to a business, I know of no way to stop them from coming into your junk folder. It's a blessing that hotmail is at least recognizing them as junk. Hotmail will delete junk mail over 10 days old. You also can easily delete all of them with a couple of key/mouse strokes. If you are not sure how, Google 'delete Hotmail junk mail' to see the process.

21 hours ago, RickS said:

Since you have/get many emails due to a business, I know of no way to stop them from coming into your junk folder. It's a blessing that hotmail is at least recognizing them as junk. Hotmail will delete junk mail over 10 days old. You also can easily delete all of them with a couple of key/mouse strokes. If you are not sure how, Google 'delete Hotmail junk mail' to see the process.

The blocking option is better than delete in my opinion and that's what i use.