Chapala.com Webboard

Cylindrical Tube to mail Art Prints

Hoping someone can tell me where to find a study tube where I can roll up and place 3 art prints for safe mailing.  I have a FedEx account and a friend flying NOB tomorrow who will take it and drop it off for mailing but I need to locate the tube to place the prints into.

Any ideas?

As always, thanks for your help.

Val Jones  :)

Great idea, thanks! Want to make sure they're safe from any potential water damage.

Val  :)

LOL, just realized this never posted.  Super blonde moment!  Many thanks to those of you willing to give me your mailing cylinders.  I appreciate your kindness and generosity.  I ended up purchasing a 2" PVD pipe and it was 30" long.  Was able to print my FEDEX label and tape it on as well.

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!

Val Jones  :)

I'm for impact resistance, cardboard tube is resistant & light for shipping, will survive the occasional pitch during frequent loading, unloading. If you have ever worked with PVC, it shatters on impact, especially at the ends. If you must use it, buy "schedule 40" the thicker heavier version designed for pressure systems and stuff both ends with lots of old reporter. No worries if you are carrying the tube on board. Happy New Year to all! What a beautiful morning!

Thanks mkshawn, it was pretty thick and did weigh 3 lbs. so hopefully it's the better quality PVC.  I did receive a FEDEX notice that it was dropped off yesterday (by a friend) for shipping to FL.  I'll be curious what cost I end up paying for the service.  I chose Economy Saver fare in hopes it wouldn't be too expensive.

Cheers!

Val  :)