Chapala.com Webboard

A very quick survey please.

Eric Blair

40 minutes ago, Lily H said:

Why do you want to know?

OK, that''s a legitimate question.

I'm curious if people use/need a print in color feature with all the expenses, if they considered it might be a lot less expensive to simply go to a stationary store and have the color page/photo printer.

As I said, simply curious, so I thought I would ask.

• Thanks 1

I have both color and laser black only. 

Things I print in color, pics, example my Nursing certificate for Wall and keep my original in safe place. 

My guests at my facility like color for their documents. 

Black only laser documents. 

Many copies if each too many to count. 

Buying original ink OMG! 

I dropped colour years ago, even though I was a semi-pro photographer. Much cheaper to get them printed locally. I use a laser printer.

In my experience, most of the colour people use is drained by their emails: they print a message, and the colourful Yahoo or HotMail header prints out, while the message is almost always just a black text message. And they fret constantly over getting cartridges and refills.

• Like 1

I have both color/b&W. I use B/W more frequently, but print things for my service organization, occasional photos and charted needlepoint and x stitch designs.  I can afford the ink. The wells are huge and they last quite a long time. I pay attention to what I print. I would have to walk to a papeleria to have the copies made, so having my printing capabilities here at home is more convenient. I like my instant gratification !

I have a multi-function printer, color and B/W.  I use the scan function quite frequently, rarely print anything at all. 

Last week I printed 40 pages of handout materials for a tour client.  That's probably the first time in 3 months that I've printed.

3 minutes ago, chapalence said:

For color copies I get them made at Trinidad across from the Coca-Cola plant in SAT. Cheaper and better copies for the few I need anymore. It seems like my print head dries out between uses.

Well, that does answer my question. Thanks.

I ditched inkjet printers many years ago. I use a Brother LASER. All-in-One and it's a real work horse. Black only. I do a maybe 100+  pages per month, and not that  5% coverage B.S. I often refill my cartridges, sort of a mess, or I buy non-OEM on Mercado Libra.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Eric Blair said:

I ditched inkjet printers many years ago. I use a Brother LASER. All-in-One and it's a real work horse. Black only. I do a maybe 100+  pages per month, and not that  5% coverage B.S. I often refill my cartridges, sort of a mess, or I buy non-OEM on Mercado Libra.

Us too.  Darned ink jet kept drying out and clogging up.  Miss the color but not the expense and problems.

Get the laser cartridges cheap from Amazon and bring back on trips up north.

3 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I miss my Brother laser printer. When we were doing business online and had to print out dozens of invoices daily, it was as you stated, a work horse.