Chapala.com Webboard

You Want CHEAP Rental come to San Antonio Tlayacapan

39 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

These two look familiar but I can't place them.  I wouldn't describe that rent as cheap.  Not as crazy as Ajijic but not cheap.  Best deals seem to be in Chapala.

Lori and Jerry Brown are very nice folks, but $750 isn't cheap! The last place we rented in Ajijic was about $250 USD for a 3BR/1BA house with a yard and parking. Unfortunately the owners will be renovating it and not renting it again--sob.... the best deals are with local mexican landlords, not rental agencies,but that takes some sleuthing.

• Like 1

Actually I am renting 6 brand new apartments, unfurnished but with built in kitchen and bedroom closets for less then US$ 200.00/month. I had to reduce the rent so that they were affordable to Mexicans as "gringos" that looked at them loved them but felt outside of their comfort zone in my neighborhood. Have lived in this part of Chapala for about 3 years and have never had a problem (mind you I do not walk the streets after dark).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I was in television and production for years. There is a certain skillset required to keep viewers interested. Unfortunately, cheap cameras and easy Internet access has not promoted any sense of awareness amongst vloggers like this. Knowing you can say and do anything you want, for as long as you want, gets people babbling. Remember the good old days, when most people were too shy to even leave a decent message on a phone answering machine? I have to set my own phone to stop recording after 2 minutes, so I don't have to spend my entire afternoon listening to someone who has clearly forgotten that I am not on the other end.

• Like 2

We just moved from Ajijic to San Antonio after prices in Ajijic drove us out.  San Antonio is going up very quickly.  Best to find a peso house and a landlord who wants you for a long time.  Word of mouth is best to find a deal. Certain families here own a lot of rentals and tend to have better prices and value long term tennants who take care of the property well.. We were able to get a large unfurnished, 3 bedroom, four bath newer house with walls,  electric fence and 1/4 acre of land for 20K pesos per month. We find the people here to be very friendly but speaking at least spanglish is needed to mix with the population. I will admit to feeling like we are doing to San Antonio what we did to Ajijic years ago but what can I do??   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bruno said:

honey bee and others, i will be needing to move into a smaller and cheaper place. i am a minimalist and am comfortable with the mexican peoples. my biggest dread is NOISE !  $200 with kitchen sounds good. how do i contact you honey bee ? i am just beginning my search.

If you fear noise then Mexico is not the place for you.

I'd venture to say that San Antonio is probably the loudest of the local villages, there's almost always loud music somewhere and cohetes of course. As soon as the newly built eventos center gets going there will be another rental available here

18 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Wow, 20K per month Cats, that sure isn't cheap for San Antonio.

I'm not convinced it is the expats who are driving the market now.  I'd sure like to see someone evaluate changes in expat population versus Mexican here.

So 1050USD is expensive.   Our Ajijic house went to 1500USD.