Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox not doing ip changes

I signed up and paid a year in advance on May 5th, 2018 and I am also in Riberas. No communication. NOTHING. Terrible public communications. If I don't have iLox service by May 5th of this year, I will cancel and they will remain forever on my $hit list. I notice that not even Tom Kessler is defending them now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goody for you and all the others who jumped on the bandwagon when many OTHERS who paid in advance to actually BRING iLox to this area have been shut out after iLox specifically stated that prepaids would be hooked up first. A pox on 'em.

• Like 6

Thx Ferret, sums it all up.    Prepaid March 2018, 2 locations. .....after going into the Ilox Office in late November, 2019 and being told maybe 6 months, mid 2020 before installs would be done in the SJC to Las Fluentes corridor, I was asked at the time if I wanted a refund.  Which I declined.    My perception was that the office person in Ajijic was following a script that if any one who has paid from the SJC to Las Fluentes comes in, seeking information, ask them if they want a refund.   As soon as I mentioned I lived east of SJC, the rep was apologetic, understanding.

So in January I put in for a refund.   Its ironic that I've had better communication with the Ilox rep in Ajijic, several emails, making sure I had all the required docs submitted.  More communications in a couple of weeks as compared to 3 msg's prior, since March of 2018.

The Mexican government changed the rules on radio approvals and this caused Ilox (and just about anything with a radio in it)  latest shipment of modems to be held up in customs.  It was no fault of theirs, but of course they get the blame.   Ferret I do agree that Ilox lacks better communications.   However if you prepaid and still don't have service, you have two choices.  Wait or ask for your money back.  They will certainly give it to you. They are getting to Riberas and upper CV.    If you communicate with courtesy and clearly with their NOC, they'll usually resolve the problem quickly.   

A lot of people forget that Internet service is a two way street.  There are obligations on the ISP side, and on the customer side.   Just because you have problems with your service doesn't mean its Ilox fault.  It could be your old PC.  Your old network port.   The thick walls in your house.  The service you are connecting to.   These are things beyond Ilox control.  This year, they've had a big problem with squirrels chewing on the cables.   They are at the mercy CFE infrastructure because Telmex keeps a monopoly on their poles.  Other countries have long since deregulated.   

• Like 1