Chapala.com Webboard

Kitten Questions

Some thoughtful person put two kittens into my garage. One is white with blue eyes and the other is orange. I have a full house of dogs and a snowshoe cat. 

While I find out how to unload these two....and that is question one, what do I feed them and that is question two.

I have an extra litter box and some old towels for them to keep warm with.

Your helpful advice is most welcome.

Be aware that due to poor nutrition the kittens may be older than they appear. One of my cats thoughtfully carried home a kitten, over the garden wall, and into the house. Both the vet and I guessed at first sight that he was only about three weeks old. An examination of teeth indicated he was at least twice that. I fed him canned cat food at first thinned with a bit with water. That was a year and a half ago. He is now larger than the cat who brought him home and very sassy. Best of luck!

• Like 3

The pet food store beside Ladrone’s vet clinic has a cat shelter. They are usually at capacity but if you tell your story you may get your kittens in. Kittens are more adoptable than grown cats. Some of the vets with more foot traffic will display the kittens and offer for adoption. The problem with that is not knowing who will take them and what will end up happening to them. If you are on Facebook there are local animal groups where you can post photos and seek homes. As I am sure you know there are way more kittens than willing homes. That is why I now have three cats when I would be perfectly happy with the one I chose to adopt.

• Like 1

Mago who owns the gym next door to Don Emiliano's tacos on Calle Santana in Jocotepec had to put her cat down yesterday.  Maybe she would be willing to take a kitten I do not know.  Her husband Chago is the owner of Don Emiliano's tacos.  I don't know but worth asking.

• Like 3