Chapala.com Webboard

Exercise classes for seniors

cedros

6 minutes ago, cafemediterraneo said:

The Casa Cultura is on the plaza in Ajijic where Dean Niles gives an exercise class for seniors.

Thanks for the replies.

Table Tennis Chapala

A club in the Chapala area devoted to the game of Table Tennis. We meet every Monday / Wednesday / Friday at between the hours of 1:30 to 3:30. New members are welcome to join and play. A small monthly fee is required to pay for the facilities and tables.
Location Chula Vista Country Club, Calle Paseo del Golf 5, Fracc. Chula Vista, 45900 Chapala, Jal.

The Olympics for the Rest of Us: How Ping-Pong Can Help Your Brain

James Wayne does terrific Dance Fit and Sit Fit classes designed for Seniors.  He teaches these at Ricardo's Studio on the Carretera, just west of the intersection with Juarez in Ajijic.  It's on the mountain side of the Carretera.  Some who've lived here a while remember this local as one of the old Ajijic Post Office(s).  :)

I know he has Sit Fit on Mondays and Wednesdays at 10 am.  I'm not sure about the times for Dance Fit.  I teach Tap afterwards and see the end of his class.  Although seated, everyone's sweating and getting a great workout.

Enjoy!

Val Jones :)

Thanks for the replies. Water aerobics, James Wayne dance classes, and table tennis won't work for me. I am looking for exercises specifically for seniors. Maybe the ones at the LCS or with Dean or even in Jocotepec.

8 players with 703 years between them compete in the World over 80s Table Tennis Championships in Inner Mongolia. Terry (81) having been given a week to live, gets in sight of winning gold. Inge (89) has used table tennis to train her way out of the dementia ward she committed herself to. Australian legend Dorothy deLow is 100, and finds herself a mega celebrity in this rarefied world and Texan Lisa Modlich, a new-comer at 85 years old, is determined to do whatever it takes to win her first gold. This film is as much about the tenacity of the human spirit as it is a meditation on mortality.

—Anonymous

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2117946/

https://youtu.be/vRd5wY_5zZo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu7uPN4DMKpCcEny4mnft

On 12/22/2019 at 7:59 AM, cafemediterraneo said:

Casa Cultura with Dean

Does anyone know when Dean has his exercise classes at the Cultural center?