Chapala.com Webboard

Charlie Klestadt Memorial

hensley

What a wonderful Memorial that Ann and Marty, Charlies son put on today.

Shame on all of you who knew him for years that did not show up for the event!

it was lovely and Ann & Marty had set up lots of chairs that were not even needed, had it catered with wonderful food and drinks.

Very ashamed of this community’s support of such a great man.

Despite the cold and rain, 5 minutes before the memorial started Charlie had the sun shine through for everyone that attended.

Fred Harland the MC did an awesome job!

We met Marty, Charlie’s son for drinks afterwards since we hadn’t seen him in years.

Still disappointed in the attendance!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

25 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I liked Charlie as a person but found his ticket selling intrusive when I was having a meal in a restaurant .I hope there was a big turn out from the Cruz Roja

I found the same when he was at Superlake but I guess you have to be intrusive to raise money.

• Like 1

I feel really bad that I missed the service. I was so rapt up in taking care of unimportant things, that I forgot about the event until I read it here. I feel really bad that  I forgot. Charlie was a wonderful person wo deserved better. Again I am sorry, I forgot about this very important event.

2 hours ago, hensley said:

What a wonderful Memorial that Ann and Marty, Charlies son put on today.

Shame on all of you who knew him for years that did not show up for the event!

it was lovely and Ann & Marty had set up lots of chairs that were not even needed, had it catered with wonderful food and drinks.

Very ashamed of this community’s support of such a great man.

Despite the cold and rain, 5 minutes before the memorial started Charlie had the sun shine through for everyone that attended.

Fred Harland the MC did an awesome job!

We met Marty, Charlie’s son for drinks afterwards since we hadn’t seen him in years.

Still disappointed in the attendance!!!

To try to shame people for something they didn't do is really outside your purview.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Where was it announced?  Not everyone is glued to this board, if it was the Guad paper, you have to get it hot off the press because you miss things the day it is distributed. Don't pass judgement . Many many people held Charlie in high regard. Until recently he was known as Red Cross Charlie. So if you don't follow this board, or read Guad paper or know someone going, have no transportation in the rain, had other commitments i.e. Dr. Appointment ,  you missed it. To his family....many of us could not make the Memorial for good reasons......just know that many many more people cared about Charlie. 

Maybe instead of trying to do the guilt trip on people, you could have said something more about his accomplishments. Who cares that you had drinks? what was the point?.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Yet you forgot to post the date of his memorial on this forum, and yet you come here to fuss at us for forgetting or not knowing to attend?  Wow!

Amen. And attendance at a memorial is not an indication of his popularity or the worth of his life's work, after all some of the best attended of these events are of bad people that everyone wanted to make sure was really dead....

• Haha 2

Just now, hensley said:

I guess I should have not shamed people  but I am very disappointed in this community and no I will not be reading any negative comments.

Tell us how "pure as the driven snow" You are? It appears the only one that warrants some sort of shame is you by disrespecting this "community" unwarranted.

• Sad 1

Not attending Charlie's memorial has nothing to do with respecting him or his many contributions to this community.  He was a good man and I just loved him.  Maybe some people didn't go because the memorial was scheduled on the Jewish Sabbath when "no marry, no bury" including memorials.

Why  attack an entire community for not attending an event the vast majority of people knew nothing about? I am a member of both local web boards and more local Facebook groups than I need to be. I saw nothing anywhere about a service for Charlie. How were people supposed to know it was happening? I am guessing the information was passed around among the people who actually knew Charlie and his wife, friends and neighbors. 

• Thanks 1