Chapala.com Webboard

Breaking News: Bringing pets to Mexico

Effective 12/16/2019: A health certificate for dogs and cats is no longer needed to enter Mexico. Dogs and cats may be taken to the border without health certificate documentation, they will be inspected by SENASICA upon arrival. Please follow the guidance on this page.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel/by-country/pettravel-mexico?fbclid=IwAR1UjHtInNQhjbPmeFuyUyCypaZ9z7rnoaDry3ptdZ6xGJv4Rl3zKEtyFjQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2019 at 8:58 AM, court0503 said:

Beware airlines have their own requirements for health /vet documents . 

So true. I recently went through that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not in my recent experience coming into Gdl a week ago Monday...Each pet was still physically inspected after they asked for proof of rabies, de-worming, antiparasitic etc, they just do not require the previous AHPHS 7001 or vet-derived health "certificate"....you still have to have proof of those requirements.  I called and spoke to Sagarpa myself before I headed out and this is what they told me and, shore 'nuff, the process at the airport in Guadalajara for me was unchanged other than not needing the certificate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jrod said:

Not in my recent experience coming into Gdl a week ago Monday...Each pet was still physically inspected after they asked for proof of rabies, de-worming, antiparasitic etc, they just do not require the previous AHPHS 7001 or vet-derived health "certificate"....you still have to have proof of those requirements.  I called and spoke to Sagarpa myself before I headed out and this is what they told me and, shore 'nuff, the process at the airport in Guadalajara for me was unchanged other than not needing the certificate. 

Amazing that I got off so lightly. They never looked at my dog or asked to see any papers or proof of rabies, etc. at Guadalajara. This was in December. They did want to see the papers for the dog when we checked in at Vancouver.

• 2 weeks later...