Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

average cost of health insurance


Recommended Posts

I would imagine that the likely location for a "membership" type hospital would be the new one under construction on the Libramento. I say this because the founding doctors are from Puerto Vallarta, where there are at least a couple of these hospitals. They are also coming late into the market, the ability to offer cradle to grave coverage (assisted living) would be attractive and lucrative. Lucrative because actuarial tables say that most people pass without hospital care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2020 at 8:31 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

At the SAT Hospital website there is tab regarding membership, here's link to it  http://www.hospitalsanantonio.com.mx/en/patient-and-visitors.php   

However, it offers no info about what the membership is in terms of cost or discounts.  The application page requires your name and phone number to start the process so I didn't pursue. 

Has anyone become a "member" at SAT Hospital....if so, what does this membership cost and what discounts are offered? 

 

I am not a member but I stopped in the SAT hospital yesterday. You can pick up a flyer on the main counter that has all the info you need about this.

I did but it is misplaced for the moment. I remember three tiers for one year at $1000, $800, and $ 500 USD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Youngtimer said:

I am not a member but I stopped in the SAT hospital yesterday. You can pick up a flyer on the main counter that has all the info you need about this.

I did but it is misplaced for the moment. I remember three tiers for one year at $1000, $800, and $ 500 USD.

What gives with the USD pricing??  Other than B&B's/hotels that cater to US guests (who will be booking and paying for their trips from the US), I am suspicious of local businesses that price their services in USD.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

What gives with the USD pricing??  Other than B&B's/hotels that cater to US guests (who will be booking and paying for their trips from the US), I am suspicious of local businesses that price their services in USD.  

Perhaps like hotels/BnB's, real estate sales they expect their target market to be those same folks.

I dunno.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

What gives with the USD pricing??  Other than B&B's/hotels that cater to US guests (who will be booking and paying for their trips from the US), I am suspicious of local businesses that price their services in USD.  

So much of the equipment and supplies they use are sourced from the US and they have to pay in USD.  Even if a middle man in Mexico is involved, there is USD pricing involved because of the original US sourcing.  Of course, you can always pay in pesos at the current exchange rate to buy USD at the time of purchase.

Same thing happens with imported grocery items at supermarkets and other imported products. They just don´t furnish you with the USD pricing at the purchase time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The U.S. dollar has become the symbol of greed, corruption and power all over the world. It is the choice of drug dealers, gangsters, bribe seekers and those who want cash to spend or save without their goverment finding out and taxing them. Of course there are many legitimate businesses using U.S. cash. But the illegal side raises the exchange rates, which causes U.S. exporters to suffer. The U.S. is the only country in the world to offer the equivalent to a $1,000 note. If the U.S. issued a new range of cash currency, and required everyone who has to switch, to prove the legitimate source of income, that would be a day of sweet justice.

The founders of the Mexican constitution also recognised the risk of foreign influence through currency manipulation. This is why all financial transactions must ultimately be in pesos.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Wow, I am genuinely surprised at those San Antonio prices. This is not even covering any costs of specialists, surgical procedures, etc. By rough math, these prices are 10 to 20 times higher than you would pay at any of the excellent public hospitals in this area!

Can you  please share the names of those ex excellent public hospitals "in this area", cost and distance could be an issue for some of us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking (with experience) Jocotepec community hospital, Hospital General Occidente Guadalajara, have heard Tujamulco, 15 minutes from Chapala, have also heard Chapala Clinic near Soriana. Bad experiences at what used to be called Ajijic Hospital, and a totally screwed up CT scan at Hospital San Antonio. You want to be going to an upper tier hospital with an ICU and 24 hour surgery for anything major.

If you look up Talujulco de Zuniga on google maps, you will see there are many hospitals there including an IMSS hospital and a hospital of specialists which accepts Seguro Popular. If you read the comments to that one, you will get the names for many local guides who would translate you through the process. There are still many who pay out of pocket, I imagine to skip lineups. A couple prices I picked up were 450 pesos per day for a hospital bed, 16,000 pesos for an uncomplicated caesarian delivery. I know they have chemo and dialyisis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I was thinking (with experience) Jocotepec community hospital, Hospital General Occidente Guadalajara, have heard Tujamulco, 15 minutes from Chapala, have also heard Chapala Clinic near Soriana. Bad experiences at what used to be called Ajijic Hospital, and a totally screwed up CT scan at Hospital San Antonio. You want to be going to an upper tier hospital with an ICU and 24 hour surgery for anything major.

If you look up Talujulco de Zuniga on google maps, you will see there are many hospitals there including an IMSS hospital and a hospital of specialists which accepts Seguro Popular. If you read the comments to that one, you will get the names for many local guides who would translate you through the process. There are still many who pay out of pocket, I imagine to skip lineups. A couple prices I picked up were 450 pesos per day for a hospital bed, 16,000 pesos for an uncomplicated caesarian delivery. I know they have chemo and dialyisis

You'd do better if you looked up Tlajomulco de Zuñiga.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...