Chapala.com Webboard

Salted Butter.

elrich

Just got this from Costco today.

Good afternoon Mrs Ellie: 

I would like to share with you this excellent new!

Finally we have KS salted Butter in MX buildings!
It will be my pleasure to see you again at our Costco in Av Vallarta to say Hi and give you 
one unit as a courtesy for your great suggestion.

Please let me know when you could visit us to be ready to attend you in person!

Best Regards,
Manuel 
  • Like 1

In an odd twist, I ended up with the salted butter yesterday, delivered by the Costco kids. BUT it came in four boxes of four bars each, which is a LOT of butter to store in the freezer. The unsalted always comes in two boxes of four. I haven't tried it yet, but I imagine it's pretty much the same quality as the other, which isn't as rich as perhaps President, but for the difference in price, I can be happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy to take 2 of the boxes.  Are you willing to split your order with me?

Thanks,

Val Jones  :)

That may be the way of the future. I did have a friend offer to buy half when they accidentally got delivered just before Christmas instead of the non-salted (for cooking). But as it turned out, Christmas turkey and stuffing demands for butter were higher than expected.

But yes, I think we need to set up a butter exchange. Never rains, but it pours.

• 2 weeks later...

THRILLED to have found the Kirkland brand salted butter at the Costco, Galerias, yesterday in GDL.  I was so excited, I purchased 2 packages (8 boxes)!!!  Two in the fridge, the rest in the freezer for future use.  I asked to speak with the manager but he/she was unavailable but was directed to a kiosk where I could fill out a compliment card.  Those of us who've begged for this product for years are so pleased to finally have it.  I thanked them, profusely, and hope it will be a product they continue to stock.

But, NO canned whole tomatoes this visit.  How odd?!  Feast or famine, eh?  Nice to have first world problems and happy to report the existence of the product many of us have requested for many years.

Cheers!

Val Jones  :)