Chapala.com Webboard

Guia Roji Maps

Carolina

Does anyone know where I can buy a Guia Roji or other very good road map to Manzanillo this week?  The Guia Rojis on Amazon are either way outdated or unavailable.  Thanx in advance.

Looks like they survived the bankruptcy filing:

https://newsbeezer.com/mexicoeng/guia-roji-loses-the-way-and-declares-bankruptcy/

https://vaaju.com/mexicoeng/goodbye-to-the-legendary-roji-guide-the-company-is-bankrupt/

Good news.  Maps on a tiny screen are a poor substitute when you want to see an overview.

I found the site a little confusing, are they still selling a print version or only electronic?  This looks like the book version?

https://www.guiaroji.com.mx/MLM-737212212-por-las-carreteras-de-mexico-2020-guia-roji-_JM?quantity=1

If you manage to get a paper map, mark the pages you want and take them to a stationery store, have them print 11x17 copies. Then you have a big page where you can write or color marker visual landmarks, interesting places you would like to explore, etc.

Another professional driving trick, mark all important exits, etc, on a post it note and stick it on the center of your steering wheel.

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies.  I'll call the number given on the website to see if I can get my hands on one.  As Mainecoons said, "Maps on a tiny screen are a poor substitute..."  I do have a 2012 edition I can use, just not sure of any changes.  I'll have a human navigator in the passenger seat with a cellphone.

16 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Many changes since 2010, mainly more toll roads and some new bypasses.

Speaking of new roads, every time we drive to Manzanillo around Colima we see what looks to be a new highway of to the right with many very tall bridges. I never see any cars on it though. I'm hoping it will be a new link to Manzaillo and will eliminate the bottleneck through the mountains with trucks going 10mph and no way to pass them.

45 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

Speaking of new roads, every time we drive to Manzanillo around Colima we see what looks to be a new highway of to the right with many very tall bridges. I never see any cars on it though. I'm hoping it will be a new link to Manzaillo and will eliminate the bottleneck through the mountains with trucks going 10mph and no way to pass them.

Yes it is a new highway but still under construction. Construction was (or still is?) however paused for some time. The old one will become double lane one way to Guadalajara and the new one will be double lane to Manzanillo. However no date of when it will be opened.

5 hours ago, LCS Notices said:

Superlake had Guiaroji maps from various states and cities last week.  I bought the 2019 Guadalajara.

Absolutely, all kinds of Roji maps, many states. cities, and country wide.  They are on the rack just past the caja on the west side where the newspapers generally are.  They have Manzanillo and Colima maps among about 20 other destinations.  They just got in a new supply and as the last poster said, the new GDL map books. If they are bankrupt they are doing a poor job of acting like it.

Just now, slainte39 said:

Absolutely, all kinds of Roji maps, many states. cities, and country wide.  They are on the rack just past the caja on the west side where the newspapers generally are.  They have Manzanillo and Colima maps among about 20 other destinations.  They just got in a new supply and as the last poster said, the new GDL map books. If they are bankrupt they are doing a poor job of acting like it.

Well they did file bankruptcy but did manage to work their way out of it.  I'll assume there is some sort of reorganization process here like NOB.  I'm really glad because we will go get the new map book for 2020.  Us old folks like our map books, we use Rand McNally in our RV NOB.

I really liked the Guia maps and used them extensively before I found that for me google maps did the trick and was continually being updated. One thing that I never got used to with the Guia is that one would be progressing on the map from say page 8, to 9 and then the continuation was on page..... 37!