Chapala.com Webboard

Beach holiday

Thinking of a beach holiday.

Quiet, not vallarta, close as poss to lakeside by car, not too touristy.want to whale watch if my illness allows me.

Just want to chill, see and listen to the sea.

Decent seafood restaurants.

Hotel or Airbnb with balcony and sea views. Upto 2000 pesos per night. 

Cg asked for something similar a few weeks ago and some good suggestions, but have searched and cant find the topic. Thanks.

My neighbors Greg & Betsy run a B&B on the beach in Rincón de Guayabitos. It’s on the quiet end of the bay but a short walk down on the flat sand to restaurants. 

https://www.guayabitoscasaencantada.com/

They have a Facebook page too under Guayabitos Casa Encantada

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Heem said:

Which route do you take? TIA

Don’t know what TIA means however from Riberas I’d take the macrolibramiento to avoid the detour where the road to Joco meets the road to Guadalajara.   So thats a 70 pesos cuota to the Colima highway (Lopez mateos).    Head south to Colima on the Colima Cuota highway.    1 hour 15 minutes to Ciudad Guzman.   10 minutes thru the pass for a total of 30 minutes to Colima and another 35 minutes to Cuyutlan.  Obviously construction or traffic can slow these times.

i keep the cruise control on 120 most of the way, maybe a little faster thru the dry lakes area.

from Cuyutlan to ZLO is 35 minutes, again on the cuota.   To barra another half hour.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Given what the OP is looking for, I'd vote for La Manzanilla.

We were there too weeks ago and loved it. Our drive back took 4 hours. Temps were still a little on the high side but we were camping without A/C.  Major road construction at La Manzilla and beyond going on right now