Chapala.com Webboard

New in town. Arrived November 1st and moving into lower La Floresta near Jardin Del Arte La Floresta on Jan 1st where I would like to set up internet. Where do I go to get best speeds, Infinitum or Ilox or what ever? Just need some advise. Thanks

2 hours ago, Bill Parke said:

New in town. Arrived November 1st and moving into lower La Floresta near Jardin Del Arte La Floresta on Jan 1st where I would like to set up internet. Where do I go to get best speeds, Infinitum or Ilox or what ever? Just need some advise. Thanks

Because options are limited and speeds vary block-by-block, I would suggest asking my closest neighbors first.

Answers here may not apply to your specific location unless you luck out and one of your neighbors is on this board and replies.

• Like 1

I believe Ilox is already installed in your area. If so, you may be able to get it installed fairly quickly if you only choose the internet and phone package, not the TV package. Their office is across from the soccer field in the El Torito plaza, next to Ismat's new chicken restaurant. Definitely worth a trip to stop in and speak with Gustavo. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 3:54 PM, TheGadgetsGuy said:

I believe Ilox is already installed in your area. If so, you may be able to get it installed fairly quickly if you only choose the internet and phone package, not the TV package. Their office is across from the soccer field in the El Torito plaza, next to Ismat's new chicken restaurant. Definitely worth a trip to stop in and speak with Gustavo. Good luck!

3 - 6 months maybe

14 hours ago, Bill Parke said:

Ilox advised me today I could put in a request for install that could be in 3 to 6 months, maybe!

Welcome to Mexico...that is quick.  But don't be shocked if it takes longer.

To anyone else who is considering moving to LC:

If internet is important to you, put that near the top of your list when looking for a place to live. Do not believe anyone who just tells you "No problem". Test it with your own device. Expect it to be down much more often than NOB. It's light years better than when we moved down in 2001 but it's not anything close to what you have NOB. Except as one member said...sometimes there is a lucky winner on your block with very fast speeds but outage is still going to be more frequent. If you intend to work over the internet, especially live interacting, make your clients aware of your limitations. It is what it is.

• Like 3

We just installed Telmex because of the long wait for Ilox.  They installed in one week.  Service is satisfactory but not super fast. As stated it all depends on where you live.  There is another service located in Riberas.  I believe it's called Wizz.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

We just installed Telmex because of the long wait for Ilox.  They installed in one week.  Service is satisfactory but not super fast. As stated it all depends on where you live.  There is another service located in Riberas.  I believe it's called Wizz.  

Wizz is the new name for Telecable... Cable Internet.

• Like 1