Chapala.com Webboard

Vicky's Sourdough Donuts

cafemediterraneo

Finally it can be told---Vicky and her husband David have opened their Bakery. They have been selling at the Wednesday tienguis on the extention behind El Torito for the last year which they will continue to do. There is always a line of at least a dozen people waiting for their baked goods and so we were all keeping our "find" a secret. They use a family recipe for sourdough starter that really makes a difference---their Boston Cream Pie, maple with bacon, jelly donuts are the best we've ever had, and their sourdough bread, bagels, cinnamon rolls and many other pastries are top-rate. Congratulations!

Now you can also find them at:

Libramiento 103-A across from the Laguna Centro Mall near Walmart.

Whatsapp/Cel 333-950-1024

Advanced orders welcome!

49 minutes ago, cafemediterraneo said:

Finally it can be told---Vicky and her husband David have opened their Bakery. They have been selling at the Wednesday tienguis on the extention behind El Torito for the last year which they will continue to do. There is always a line of at least a dozen people waiting for their baked goods and so we were all keeping our "find" a secret. They use a family recipe for sourdough starter that really makes a difference---their Boston Cream Pie, maple with bacon, jelly donuts are the best we've ever had, and their sourdough bread, bagels, cinnamon rolls and many other pastries are top-rate. Congratulations!

Now you can also find them at:What are their days and hours of operation ?

Libramiento 103-A across from the Laguna Centro Mall near Walmart.

Whatsapp/Cel 333-950-1024

Advanced orders welcome!

What are their days and hours of operation ?

There was a post elsewhere about it being near a 'large green tire".  Where is it from there ?

If anyone can not figure out the location after these posts they probably should not be driving — or leaving their house. Come on, people! You want a map and a picture before venturing out to buy some donuts? This is not clear enough?

“Libramiento 103-A across from the Laguna Centro Mall near Walmart.”

“We are at 103-A on the libramiento. About 1 block from Walmart. We are before you reach the Oxxo and on the opposite side of the road.”

“...it's just befrore the "dusty chicken" place.”

As for Pappys comment about the Oxxo marker. Just how many Oxxo’s do you think there are on the libramiento? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Xena said:

If anyone can not figure out the location after these posts they probably should not be driving — or leaving their house. Come on, people! You want a map and a picture before venturing out to buy some donuts? This is not clear enough?

“We are at 103-A on the libramiento. About 1 block from Walmart. We are before you reach the Oxxo and on the opposite side of the road.”

As for Pappys comment about the Oxxo marker. Just how many Oxxo’s do you think there are on the libramiento? 

Haha, I was speaking in general. In PV many Mexicans will use an Oxxo as a major part of their directions. I can't begin to know how many there are there so that's what I was referencing. "Once you pass the Oxxo, it's just about 2 blocks on the left". "Before you reach the Oxxo" only would apply if you are approaching from the direction the "director" is assuming. Comical. Same with before dusty chicken.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Haha, I was speaking in general. In PV many Mexicans will use an Oxxo as a major part of their directions. I can't begin to know how many there are there so that's what I was referencing. "Once you pass the Oxxo, it's just about 2 blocks on the left". "Before you reach the Oxxo" only would apply if you are approaching from the direction the "director" is assuming. Comical. Same with before dusty chicken.

Yes, that may sometimes be true. However, in this case we are talking about a location with one Oxxo, the sole Walmart, and well-known Centro Laguna Mall.  It used to be, you got the information given to you, pictured the landmarks you knew, and then went there to fill in the blanks. As time went on there were fewer blanks to be filled in because you were learning your way around. Now they want a picture and a map before venturing out of the house. I realize I sound like the cranky, old woman I have become but dammit, it is not without reason. 😖

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Xena said:

Also "near the green tire". This would be the HUGE green tire planted in the ground to mark the location of the tire repair shop that sold me a defective used golf cart tire that they would not refund me for. Claro?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Also "near the green tire". This would be the HUGE green tire planted in the ground to mark the location of the tire repair shop that sold me a defective used golf cart tire that they would not refund me for. Claro?

Yes. I have noticed that huge green tire everytime I go by there. I don’t know about their business practices but they are good at marking their location.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Rupert said:

This is about a doughnut shop's location- not a critique of businesses near their location.  Just cannot give it up, right?

Who? me?  or gringohombre?  I couldn´t care less how they run their business, just didn´t think they should get free publicity as a landmark if they are disreputable.:D and I would never buy a large green tire.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If the poster who innocently asked for directions ever finds Vickys, he might want to check out Pollos David, commonly referred to as "dusty chicken" because of its open-air locations.  I've enjoyed their take out meals with the chicken, corn tortillas, rice, guacamole and potatoes at a reasonable price.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, court0503 said:

Tried to find this place yesterday....saw several taco/lunches places but no sign of a bakery or a ‘Vicky’s’ . What’s the place called? Is there a sign and I just missed it? That’s a nightmare traffic area so dangerous  to crawl along searching

Rather than risk your life out on the road while trying to locate a specific business, pull over when you see the mentioned markers (Pollos David and the large green tire), park your car as close to them as possible and safely scan the businesses. You can also get out and talk to people there. Many businesses have standing signs they put out when they are open. You may have gone by on a day or at a time Vicky’s was not open. 

They are on the Libramiento...  on the west side .. south of Don David's pollo..and where the nuts & bolts shop used to be.... north of the nursery,  between the 2 sets of new topes ...   near the green tractor tire....    up the  street from Walmart,.....  across the street and slightly south of the BP (former Pemex) station,   directly across from where the circus used to set up

That should do it!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

They are on the Libramiento...  on the west side .. south of Don David's pollo..and where the nuts & bolts shop used to be.... north of the nursery,  between the 2 sets of new topes ...   near the green tractor tire....    up the  street from Walmart,.....  across the street and slightly south of the BP (former Pemex) station,   directly across from where the circus used to set up

That should do it!!

...We shall see.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, gringal said:

I think it's just befrore the "dusty chicken" place.

Gringal, I know you persist in using this name, but newcomers and many oldtimers, have no idea what you are talking about.  There is no signage that says that and the neighboring businesses don´t know it by that name if you are asking to find it.

• Thanks 1