Chapala.com Webboard

Support for Windows 7 is Ending

Frijoles

I haven't used Windows 7 for more than seven years.     According to Mr. Google, Windows 8 was introduced on Oct. 26, 2012 and Windows 10 had an       Initial release date: of  July 29, 2015. 

And you are still on Windows7 which was introduced more than 10 years ago? Gosh, I don't know what to tell you other than. I wish you good luck trying the latest version of Windows 10 which will seem very very different to you.

Maybe you should follow Computer Guy's recommendation which is the next post :) 

This topic has been covered extensively on this board. Use the search function and get good answers. The short one is: don't worry: Windows 7 is not going away, it will still work fine, and you can use it for years to come. Support is a non-issue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johanson said:

I haven't used Windows 7 for more than seven years.     According to Mr. Google, Windows 8 was introduced on Oct. 26, 2012 and Windows 10 had an       Initial release date: of  July 29, 2015. 

And you are still on Windows7 which was introduced more than 10 years ago? Gosh, I don't know what to tell you other than. I wish you good luck trying the latest version of Windows 10 which will seem very very different to you.

Maybe you should follow Computer Guy's recommendation which is the next post :) 

A friend of mine is still using Windows XP and is happy with it. Maybe it depends on what you are using your computer for.

4 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

This topic has been covered extensively on this board. Use the search function and get good answers. The short one is: don't worry: Windows 7 is not going away, it will still work fine, and you can use it for years to come. Support is a non-issue.

So, there's no security issue with continuing to use it? Thanks.

• Haha 1

Two iPhones, three iPads, one Apple TV and now a MacBook Pro.  I’m not sure when Apple installed the implant but am pretty sure it is working.  My other half told me to get rid of the win 10 laptop but I hid it in an upstairs room he never goes in.  Its a security blanket until I get used to the MacBook.

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Well, I suppose dumping the whole barrel of apples because one of them might go bad someday, and then dumping the barrel too, is one way to do it.

There are many alternatives to IE.

I was looking for an excuse to get a iMac, plus my old HP I was tired of changing spark plugs and vacuum tubes. 

• Haha 1