Chapala.com Webboard

iLox Router

catbird

I cannot, unfortunately, because there are far too many to choose from. I did buy a $400 peso unit that turned out to be as bad as the iLox. However, anything in the $100 US price range is going to be good. And I prefer TP-Link and D-Link, because they are the easiest to set up and maintain. Still, that means hunting for one, probably on Amazon.

I've had a Netgear router that I bought on Amazon over a year ago that I'm very happy with. Cost $119 US but you probably don't need the modem combo that mine has so I suspect you could do better cost wise. I'm sure Mike could help  you set it up if you need help. All you will need is an ethernet cable.

Also... I just bought a TP-Link range extender from Amazon for $21 US on sale. It does not increase speed but it does increase range. You follow simple instructions and mate it to your router via an app on your phone then place it halfway between the router and any dead spot in your house. In my case I just wanted a stronger signal in our covered patio area and it is doing the job.

• Like 1