Chapala.com Webboard

SA, " It used to be such a quiet little town"

ea93105

We are horrified to have just learned that a brand new "eventos" place is being constructed in upper central San Antonio located on Privada Jesus Garcia . Walls are  up ( not very high btw) one block from the carretera.

The workers said there will events Thursday through Sunday night.

The sound will carry far into  Chula Vista for sure.

What kind of permit is needed to build an "eventos center" if any ? 

I would speak with the municipio they are strict in sat about this also very helpful.

Plus it seems yet again theres a special number to call as and when it starts.

I can recall 2 or 3 places being closed down or forced to really limit the noise. Place in laguna mall, place near adelititas, i think adelitas as well, and an other last year.

However i would double check the facts.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ea93105 said:

We are horrified to have just learned that a brand new "eventos" place is being constructed in upper central San Antonio located on Privada Jesus Garcia . Walls are  up ( not very high btw) one block from the carretera.

The workers said there will events Thursday through Sunday night.

The sound will carry far into  Chula Vista for sure.

What kind of permit is needed to build an "eventos center" if any ? 

Where did you get this info?

We were told by the construction workers as we walked passed. We asked if they were building new homes ( the lot is big enough for more than one )

Can't imagine they would just make this up especially because they pointed to the two bathrooms they were building which will service the clientele 

The walls are only about 8 ft high, the noise will carry far

41 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

Laughing boy, you dont live in sat and you have no experience with the municipio in sat. I do.

Where is the municipio in San Antonio ? Will a petition of the locals help to stop it ? ( although I'm not sure the Mexican locals here will object )

We live less than a block away from this new place and we already hear the loud music coming from both the plaza as well as Adelitas which are relatively far away.

19 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

We were told by the construction workers as we walked passed. We asked if they were building new homes ( the lot is big enough for more than one )

Can't imagine they would just make this up especially because they pointed to the two bathrooms they were building which will service the clientele 

The walls are only about 8 ft high, the noise will carry far

In my experience that's odd. Most times the workers have no idea what they are building or if they do, don't share that with strangers. Perhaps pulling your chain, just maybe,

• Like 1

San Antonio is not a municipio, it is part of the Chapala municipio.  They have a delegado, not the same thing and no real power.

I'm chuckling because I recorded 90db outside of Adelita's walls and it was necessary for the church to change the mass schedule because of the racket from there.  I also remember a well known local was allowed to convert his home surrounded by the homes of others into a loud concert venue.  If tailed but not because of anything Chapala did about it..

If you think Chapala is doing anything about noise I invite you to drive by the bull ring when the Charros have one of their Sunday night concerts that lasts until 3PM.  Nearly 100db recorded outside of that.  It has peoples homes on two sides.  Not only does Chapala look the other way they also let them get away with leaving Revolucion and surrounding streets as a trash heap afterwards. 

The Chapala government for the most part cares about one town and one town only and that is Chapala itself.  The rest of us settle for nothing (Riberas) or a few left overs.

• Sad 1

I suggest you take a deep breath and wait to see IF there is loud unpleasant music. We have lived less than a block from Eventos in our last two rentals, and it hasn't been a problem either time. Pleasant Mexican music that we can barely hear that can be tuned out with a noise machine if need be.

Wait and see if there even is a problem before you cause unnecessary trouble for a potential neighbor.

2 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

More of MC’s BS. Adelita’s changed their schedule to accommodate the church’s Schedule.. The music does not start until  8pm or later any night of the week now....

Point being they were, and still are, so loud it interfered with their neighbors.  Funny, we ate there recently and it started at 7PM.  It was so damned deafening we got up and left.  So they start later and disturb the neighborhood later in the night?  How considerate!

BS or just something the expats who add to this problem don't like to be reminded of?

These bars with loud late amplified music have no place in residential neighborhoods.  Period.  And that is why Mexicans passed these laws and are cracking down on them--in some places it seems where there are few or no expats. 

Rest easy noisy ones, there's no indication Chapala will get serious about this any time soon.  Probably very profitable for them to look the other way.

2 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

More of MC’s BS. Adelita’s changed their schedule to accommodate the church’s Schedule.. The music does not start until  8pm or later any night of the week now....

Im sure  adelitas t finish at 10.30 or 11pm and keep music down.

Dont like it dont go.

And no i would like to accept your invitation.

But delegado is very receptive here, but until the music plays. Nothing to do as it is more than likely wrong info.

1 hour ago, barcelonaman said:

Im sure  adelitas t finish at 10.30 or 11pm and keep music down.

Dont like it dont go.

And no i would like to accept your invitation.

But delegado is very receptive here, but until the music plays. Nothing to do as it is more than likely wrong info.

I never invited you and I’m sure Adelita’s wouldn’t want you there.. Not that you would get a table there anyway.... every night there’s music there, it’s a full house..There are still lots of expats and Mexicans who enjoy a night of music and dancing...

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

I never invited you and I’m sure Adelita’s wouldn’t want you there.. Not that you would get a table there anyway.... every night there’s music there, it’s a full house..There are still lots of expats and Mexicans who enjoy a night of music and dancing...

I sure don't see many Mexicans there and we'll continue to eat there and I could care less about you, your opinions or your invitations.  It's pretty clear you are one of the expats who contributes to this problem of too loud bars next to peoples homes. 

Thanks anyway.  :D

• Sad 2

Why on earth would someone build an evento?  Seriously, they don't make much money....you could make as much with a cow pasture, for God's sake. 

And there are already places for sale that can house evento-type venues.

All I can think of is some landowner decided to do something with his/her lot, to make some side cash. They would be better off building multi-family housing and renting to expats, or an ALF or something that pulls in decent income, like an RV lot.  But an evento????????? I give it a year, at best. 

25 minutes ago, kimanjome said:

Why on earth would someone build an evento?  Seriously, they don't make much money....you could make as much with a cow pasture, for God's sake. 

And there are already places for sale that can house evento-type venues.

All I can think of is some landowner decided to do something with his/her lot, to make some side cash. They would be better off building multi-family housing and renting to expats, or an ALF or something that pulls in decent income, like an RV lot.  But an evento????????? I give it a year, at best. 

They probably don't make much money on eventos, but the capital investment is also minimal , so I'm afraid the little income it does produce will be enough to keep it going unfortunately. It was a very nice corn field before this.