Chapala.com Webboard

Thanksgiving Dinners

rafterbr

I am curious how everyone rated their Thanksgiving dinners.  My favorite place to eat is Cocinart and I am sure I am in the small minority but I found their Thanksgiving meal to be lacking.  I did not even eat half of it but my wife cleaned her plate.  They advertised corn bread and mashed potato's  but their was no corn bread and the potato's were puree.  The sweet potato's were puree with no flavor and the bread dressing left a  lot to desire.   Service was also very slow as they did not have enough waiters.  It was a buffet type but we were forever getting our salad and drinks.   My next Thanksgiving will be elsewhere and now I wonder about Cristmas Dinner.  Suggestions would be helpful.

• Thanks 1

Panino's Restaurant has the best and least expensive Thanksgiving Dinner, in our opinion.   We have paid a lot more and gone to several different restaurants over the years but Panino's is hands down the best.  The only problem is there are no reservations allowed.  This year I had come down with the shingles so we picked up and ate at home which was really nice too.

We paid $350 peso's each plus drinks for less than satisfactory dinner at Cocinart.  Only recently ate at Panino's,  had an excellent chicken fried steak there last week. Will be eating at Panino's more often and find out what the daily specials are.  Turkey sounds good.

• Like 1

5 of us had a great Thanksgiving lunch at Sunrise in SAT...great turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potato, peas and  corn and a very nice piece of pumpkin pie...all for $195. Everyone was very satisfied and happy with both the food and excellent service. Over the years I have seen that many restaurants here try to take advantage of the expat holidays and raise prices to exorbitant rates just because they think we will have no choice. Well maybe if we avoid those and patronize only who offer us fair prices for good authentic offerings will things change

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, rafterbr said:

We paid $350 peso's each plus drinks for less than satisfactory dinner at Cocinart.  Only recently ate at Panino's,  had an excellent chicken fried steak there last week. Will be eating at Panino's more often and find out what the daily specials are.  Turkey sounds good.

My favorite restaurant.  Consistent preparation.  Good prices.  Best service at Lakeside.