Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox and intermittent problems

All Day

I have been praising ilox customer service for the rapid response to changing from private to public ip addresses.

However last week things changed fir the worse. 

I sent email as normal but this time got a response that they would review the request and get back to me.

After a few days nothing. Asked my customer to try. He got same response, and still no change made.

Whats to review?

Its ilox who go against the grain here, all the other isp assign an public from the start.

The modem story is also strange, i would have thought they buy them direct from china, Taiwan or similar. As mentioned they will surely have a broker to solve any matters, all mexican customs want is for the iva paid and any tariffs.i 

Why would customs  say 3 to 5 months? They get the money and release the goods. 

There must be an alternative supplier in mexico, or usa to get through this  temporarily blockage  even if they paid a bit more, they would recoup this by installing now and getting peoples monthly payments in.waiting 3 to 5 months is commercial suicide.

Hopefully tom can shed some light on the situation. 

Stopped by yesterday they advised me they have no equipment and it could be 3 months to 5 months. I am moving on with other ideas. I guess Telmex/Infinitum?  Living near the second roundabout in Lower La Foresta on Jan 1st. Any other ideas out there? Some one said I could good speed in that area.

I stopped by the ILOX office again this morning at about 10 AM. And asked the same question about when they would be able to take new clients. Sadly, no change. The lady was very apologetic, but said it would still be 3 to 5 months before they would be able to add new clients.

Somehow I bet ILOX finds a solution and the wait period will become much shorter. 

11 hours ago, Bill Parke said:

Stopped by yesterday they advised me they have no equipment and it could be 3 months to 5 months. I am moving on with other ideas. I guess Telmex/Infinitum?  Living near the second roundabout in Lower La Foresta on Jan 1st. Any other ideas out there? Some one said I could good speed in that area.

When you say second glorieta, from what direction?  :D  And on the Carretera?   La Floresta is full of "roundabouts".

• Haha 1