Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox and intermittent problems

All Day

Is anyone else having problems with their Ilox connection.  I'm hardwired into my modem and am showing severe packet loss, especially at the TV Rey server.  If anyone else is having problems I'll assume they're doing maintenance on the servers.  Otherwise, I guess it's time to call tech support.   Here's my trace route info.  https://share.pingplotter.com/dSbRRppefHC

P.S.  And yes, I've done a hard reset on the modem.

I have also been having trouble with Ilox now for about 2 weeks.  I pay for 70 Mbps and get an average of around 40.  Have sent them a detailed list of speeds at 3 different times of day .  That was last week.  No response yet.  In other situations have always received quick response to any problems.  I am beginning to think that perhaps there are now too many subscribers for them to produce what they promised.  What you say ComputerGuy.  Do you have Ilox.

Please remember that no ISP guarantees their highest speed. Most say 'up to xxmbps'. Now if one is bouncing between, say,  40 and 70 all the time then something may well be wrong.  Also, it depends on what speed test you are using.... I can use one and consistently get X mbps and switch to another test and get an entirely different speed... consistently.

There is one test/location that was being 'promoted' for testing iLOX speed but I don't remember where/who is was. Someone will.

The last two weeks not only has my Ilox connection been intermittently slow but  I'm having total outages for two or three minutes at a time. When streaming TV this becomes quite apparent as I start to get buffering and then no signal at all. I've been with Ilox since June and these problems are recent. 

14 minutes ago, stulef said:

The last two weeks not only has my Ilox connection been intermittently slow but  I'm having total outages for two or three minutes at a time. When streaming TV this becomes quite apparent as I start to get buffering and then no signal at all. I've been with Ilox since June and these problems are recent. 

Exactly the same here.  We just returned home after a 2 week vacation and have noticed intermittent "drops" the past few days.  Never for more than a few minutes, and not that often (to our knowledge).  Hasn't become annoying enough to complain to them.....yet.  

We've been enjoying ILOX since May or June, in Centro Ajijic.  

12 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

It's time to let iLox know, because my own very few iLox customers are complaining recently of the same thing.

Agreed. And if you are on an ILOX phone call you are disconnected during the drop. I too have this same problem.

If 100 people are experiencing the same problem and no one makes a report nothing will change. Now that everyone on this board using ILOX knows this is a problem we all need to make reports so ILOX knows it’s not a one off. Squeaky wheel works.

6 hours ago, stulef said:

This could be your TV streaming service. Who do you have? I am getting constant high speed from ILox but still have intermittent problems with my streaming like buffering and freezing. I understand that this is common with all streaming services and has nothing to do with internet speed. ILox phone another situation...I am going back to Telmex with phone only.  

I dropped by Ilox today and was told that they had attempted to send down a large number of modems &/or routers over the boarder and that Mexican Customs put a hold on this equipment and that it could be up to 3 to 5 months before the routers would be released and that they could not add any new customers to Ilox until these routers arrived.

I say again, that she  stressed that they could not provide service to any new users until the routers were released and that this would be three to five months.

I sure hope there has been a misunderstanding here.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, gringohombre said:

This could be your TV streaming service. Who do you have? I am getting constant high speed from ILox but still have intermittent problems with my streaming like buffering and freezing. I understand that this is common with all streaming services and has nothing to do with internet speed. ILox phone another situation...I am going back to Telmex with phone only.  

Certain its your internet,  streaming service working fine for me and others,  but as promised i will get to you asap. 

1 hour ago, johanson said:

I dropped by Ilox today and was told that they had attempted to send down a large number of modems &/or routers over the boarder and that Mexican Customs put a hold on this equipment and that it could be up to 3 to 5 months before the routers would be released and that they could not add any new customers to Ilox until these routers arrived.

I say again, that she  stressed that they could not provide service to any new users until the routers were released and that this would be three to five months.

I sure hope there has been a misunderstanding here.

I would bet that that story is 100% BS. A company as large as ILOX has a factory direct source. I doubt it is in the USA, but even if it is importation of commercial products is done by using a freight forwarder and a customs broker. Any problem would be resolved in one day.  

I hope what I wrote turns out not to be true. But that is what we were told by the lady who works there, immediately after she received a call, apparently for someone in the chain of command..  And please if anyone has any newer or more accurate information, please correct me. I truly hope that this was all a big misunderstanding.

I am only passing on what we were told in the ILOX office this afternoon.

Well, I was in front of Pete at the Ilox office and was told there would be no installations in 3-5 months. I had an 22 month old contract in my hand from being an early adopter in the signup for service. We asked the question several ways to make sure there was no mistake in her message. I also asked if it was okay to tell anyone I met that there would be no new installations for 3 - 5 months. I was trying to make sure that her message wasn't just for me for whatever reason that might have been. Actually I was thinking of this board. She said yes, tell everyone.

As a result I cancelled my contact with the year advance payment and will receive a refund. If you want to make up a story that this isn't true, I suggest you check with Ilox first.

Edit: On second thought, the story about the equipment being delayed at the border, that I'm not defending. You can tell stories about that to your heart's content.

The call and everything happened so fast. It just didn't seem believable. but the lady was told on the phone that there would not be any equipment available for 3 to 5 months and therefore ILOX could not offer any new clients service.

I am hoping that ILOX can find a way to solve this problem that  does not include this 3 to 5 month wait. It just doesn't make good business sense

That is just preposterous. Absolutely unacceptable. Sorry, Sea, I know you've been waiting forever, as have many others who fronted the money. They could source modems from anywhere. Good business procedures demand that they immediately find other suppliers. Immediately. If not frikkin' sooner. To stop business progress because of something like that? I've heard enough excuses from them. This takes the proverbial cake.

7 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

That is just preposterous. Absolutely unacceptable. Sorry, Sea, I know you've been waiting forever, as have many others who fronted the money. They could source modems from anywhere. Good business procedures demand that they immediately find other suppliers. Immediately. If not frikkin' sooner. To stop business progress because of something like that? I've heard enough excuses from them. This takes the proverbial cake.

I sent you an email. There are bad words and tear stains. But I met Pete for the first time so the day was a win. 😉

I'm wondering if the guy who made this happen at Lakeside, Tom, could attest to this information. Tom seems to have a direct line and could probably at least verity.... or not.... to those waiting that their wait just got much longer.

Tom?

I truly hope that it was someone in low level management who made this bad decision  saying no more client/users. I mean my goodness, yes their big order of modems/routers is being held my Mexican Customs.  But you would think that there would be a way they could send a few routers (from another source) at a time and at least meet the needs of those like Sea who paid a large deposit more than a year ago.

Maybe Tom could talk to someone higher up in the chain of command and get things moving, even if slowly at first.

It just seemed to be such a bad business decision. And such a bad way to treat their prepaid customers. I am going to drop by the office Friday morning and see if just maybe they have found a way get equipment to their new clients.

&*%^$#@! Tom, you had better have soothing words to add here... something about better modems, stronger wifi... anything? I am also a prepaid who has been waiting nearly two years.

This was a great idea and I'm happy for those who are happy with the service. But, REALLY? iLox just became a four letter word for me. I will be going in next week to cancel my contract for a refund. Enough already.

• Like 1