Chapala.com Webboard

ILox and Telmex question about phone service.

I referred to this in another post where I praised my new ILox internet service but questioned the spotty phone function. My specific question now is, can I go to Telmex where I still have an account and reduce it to telephone service only and how much will that be? Also can I get a reduction at ILox if I eliminate the phone feature there and keep only the Internet part? Finally, how would I make the change at the modem in my house to accommodate this? Gracias.

I know this might sound crazy, but wouldn't the definitive answers be found by asking Telmex and Ilox?

There are many times that the answers given are based on old information, supposition, or second hand information. If your phone service is important enough to you that you're questioning the need for a change, personally, I would consult with both service providers before I made a decision.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, chapalence said:

I know this might sound crazy, but wouldn't the definitive answers be found by asking Telmex and Ilox?

There are many times that the answers given are based on old information, supposition, or second hand information. If your phone service is important enough to you that you're questioning the need for a change, personally, I would consult with both service providers before I made a decision.

I see that you joined this this board in April of this year so I am assuming that you might be a newbe. I myself joined in April of 2008 when I moved here full time after travelling this country for about 10 years prior to that doing business as I continue to do to this day. During all this time I discovered that many times getting correct, up to date, consistent and reliable information in a  timely manner here is spotty at best. This is true especially as it relates to the 2 business entities we are discussing. There are many folks posting here that have even more experience than me in this country and I would opine that they would agree to this. My understanding is that this board was initially set up to help expats and folks who have moved here or are visiting from distant locations to understand local customs and idiosyncrasies and ways to better live and operate within this environment. Over all these years I have seen this board operate in exactly this way, helping many with the wisdom and experience of those who have first hand experience and gone through all the ups and downs inherent this unique situation we all find ourselves. My initial post is a perfect example. It took a few corrections but in the end I got the information that I was looking for as well as some unexpected technical advise since I am not a tech guy. I applaud this valuable resource within our community and despite some flaws, inherent in such a venture, consider it a great resource of knowledge in all things relating to our living environment here. Welcome aboard!

• Like 7