Chapala.com Webboard

INFO Brisas de Chapala

It is an interesting place as it is quite different. Very low or no walls around the properties as if they aren't worried about security. More like NOB in that respect. For many years they had no security at the gate-when they did it wasn't very secure-a bit casual. Maybe because they aren't surrounded by villagers. Some great views and nice breezes. No stores nearby (in walking distance).

We built a home and have lived in Colonos de Brisas de Chapala, A.C. for 12 years (full time in MX for 22 years)  We have 24 hour security provided by Vermont Security.   The entire fraccionamiento has barbed wire around the exterior.  However, cows break through it causing a breach at times.  Many homes that are on the border have walls high enough to provide security.  We require all residents to have a hologram attached to their windshield as identification.  Workers, visitors and delivery persons are asked to provide identification at the guard house and are issued a magnetic cone that is to be placed on the roof of the car.  We are concerned about security.

I suggest you stop at the office, Brisas Oriente 3 between 9 and  1, Monday through Friday and pick up copies of our Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.  You can also pm me for more information.  I am very involved in the subdivision.

Very nice peaceful area. Lots of birds, butterflies, mature trees. Great safe place to walk your dog and meet your neighbors. The only thing to watch for are occasional rattlesnakes, and you or your gardener are not allowed to kill them, or even trap them to rehome somewhere else. They will send an expert from the University of Guadalara to evaluate the situation. All serpents are protected, even the black snakes, which many people assume are dangerous (like adders) but in fact they are harmless garden snakes.

My only concern is in their infinite forethought, the local government has been allowing additional construction up the mountain. I think 200 meters was mentioned, enough for many new building lots in Brisas. I am not privy to decisions to Brisa frac. whether this is even going to happen. Also top of the hill, with no other developments above, means clean water wells and rare sewage problems. 

You will need a vehicle of some type. Try to find a home or rental with minimal stairs. As you get older, I swear there is someone sneaking around making steps a little bit higher!

I have lived in Brisas for about 15years nice place, nice breeze most of the time the fracc. has been run  fairly well for a # of years not to bad in the mosquito department, security is not to bad, my only gripe is the road  maintenance it is almost non existent  if they.would spend some money on the roads  i would be somewhat more positive  i am living in the fracc. now and I have no plans on leaving.

Regards

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Very nice peaceful area. Lots of birds, butterflies, mature trees. Great safe place to walk your dog and meet your neighbors. The only thing to watch for are occasional rattlesnakes, and you or your gardener are not allowed to kill them, or even trap them to rehome somewhere else. They will send an expert from the University of Guadalara to evaluate the situation. All serpents are protected, even the black snakes, which many people assume are dangerous (like adders) but in fact they are harmless garden snakes.

My only concern is in their infinite forethought, the local government has been allowing additional construction up the mountain. I think 200 meters was mentioned, enough for many new building lots in Brisas. I am not privy to decisions to Brisa frac. whether this is even going to happen. Also top of the hill, with no other developments above, means clean water wells and rare sewage problems. 

You will need a vehicle of some type. Try to find a home or rental with minimal stairs. As you get older, I swear there is someone sneaking around making steps a little bit higher!

No new lots are planned for Colonos de Brisas de Chapala.  The lots I believe you refer to are across the Arroyo up in the mountains for a college.  That is very far from the Fraccionamiento.  We will not be impacted in any way by the proposed college if in fact it ever happens.  

Road repair is an ongoing project,  albeit a slow ongoing project.  Research is being conducted on the best solutions. 

On 12/2/2019 at 5:02 PM, ibarra said:

Our Bylaws state all pets must be on a leash. 

I am interested in how they enforce this? Big problem in many fraccs. Also, limits to how many pets may be owned. Animal hoarding is now recognised as a mental illness by the U.S. journal that keeps track of these things.

A Complaint Form is filled out then the Board issues an invoice to the property owner for the amount of the fine stating what Bylaw or Rules and Regulation has been violated.The invoice amount is recorded on the owners online accounting account.  If not paid within 30 days, finance charges are added.      2nd part of your question:  Owners must fill out a form which states how many dogs and/or cats they have.  Our Bylaws state 2 dogs and 2 cats per property.   Also, Bylaws state that the pets must be registered at the Office, if they aren't, the fine is issued for that infraction. It is still a problem even with the restrictions.     

14 hours ago, ibarra said:

A Complaint Form is filled out then the Board issues an invoice to the property owner for the amount of the fine stating what Bylaw or Rules and Regulation has been violated.The invoice amount is recorded on the owners online accounting account.  If not paid within 30 days, finance charges are added.      2nd part of your question:  Owners must fill out a form which states how many dogs and/or cats they have.  Our Bylaws state 2 dogs and 2 cats per property.   Also, Bylaws state that the pets must be registered at the Office, if they aren't, the fine is issued for that infraction. It is still a problem even with the restrictions.     

Thank you Ibarra, I will pass this on.

• 4 weeks later...

We're home-shopping and the Brisas area looks nice. One person said that there are very few walls around properties there. We would like to enclose a back yard for our dog and gardening. Are there restrictions on walls? Style, height, etc.

We've lived/rented in Brisas four about four years and really enjoy it here. It is very peaceful and naps in the middle of the day with windows open are no problem. The first 2-3 years there were some burglaries, us included, many due to increased construction traffic on new houses. In the past two years security has been heightened and improved and crime is rare. By-laws change from time to time, but nothing that has impinged on our enjoyment, although we just rent.

I believe there are quite a few folks with more than two dogs, but they have been here before the laws were really enforced. Loose dogs are a rarity, although our neighbor, unfortunately, is the major exception to that rule. His four dogs are loose much of the time. I know he has been fined a lot, but it doesn't seem to matter. The leash law is generally obeyed, but it is ok to walk with a dog  off-leash under control of the owner.

Lots of nice folks here. Roads are old and uneven. Doesn't bother me but some folks don't like it. A few speeders need to be taught a lesson. Not much reliable participation in running the place. History of choosing bad attorneys. Very pleasant and quiet neighborhood. Dogs are generally not a problem. One or two abusers. Great views except when building code isn't enforced by board. PM me for more details.