Chapala.com Webboard

ILox phone idiosyncrasies.

Have had the ILox internet w/phone for about 3 months in SAT and love it. I am getting every bit of speed that I pay for ($699) and more. However the phone seems to still be a work in progress. There are times when I pick up the phone to make a call and the line is dead. Called in with cell phone (376-109-000 x3...mostly Spanish speaking) and working with the tech guy it was fixed. I soon figured out that his instructions included unplugging the modem power cord (I was assuming he was doing something on his end also) and after a few minutes plugging it back and Bingo! Now I forgo the call to the tech guy and simply unplug and plug back in about 2 minutes and good to go. This is concerning to me because when it is out I am unable to receive calls and I have a business 800 # from NOB for my customers and potential customers to contact me down here. Also sometimes when calling a Mexican landline # I get a message IN ENGLISH "The dialed number is unreachable", then calling this same number by cell it goes through.  I was hoping to kick Telmex to the curb permanently but maybe not till this situation is corrected. Or is it possible or advisable to turn just the phone function of Telmex back on for a phone only rate and bypass the phone feature with ILox? Gracias

We are/were having the same problem.  Thanks for the quick solution.  Just did it and now we have a dial-tone again.

Thanks and cheers!

Val  :)

I have posted several times about continuing problems with ILOX VOIP telephone service. Incoming calls getting that unable to reach this number message and outgoing calls never completely connecting.

While the techs have been excellent trying to work with the problems, they won’t actually admit to any. They always say everything is OK implying the problems I and others are experiencing are not happening. Intermittent problems are extremely difficult to diagnose but if they won’t look for the root cause they probably won’t get fixed.

I’m going to give them another month and if these annoyances continue, I’ll ask to port the phone number back to Telmex. They have a package that is telephone with no Internet 

If everyone who experiences a phone problem makes a report to noc@mail.ilox.com, perhaps large numbers of complaints will encourage them to take this more seriously.