Chapala.com Webboard
dennis clark

pickling spice

Not sure. On US Amazon, some of the pickling spices will ship to Mexico. Or go search thru all the spices at SuperLake or Pancho's selections.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for an introduction to that website Halfglass! I love the format "showing" you how on various recipes. I've already bookmarked three other recipes. Oh boy.

I seem to recall a shop on Madero, or on Lopez Cotilla next to the mercado publico, in Chapala, which carried all sorts of spices. You will need their Spanish names & can find them at rollybrook.com, in a compendium of food names. The search is half the fun!

17 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

I seem to recall a shop on Madero, or on Lopez Cotilla next to the mercado publico, in Chapala, which carried all sorts of spices. You will need their Spanish names & can find them at rollybrook.com, in a compendium of food names. The search is half the fun!

Long gone, Gringo.

make a jar of it.. semillas de mostaza,  semillas de cilantro, pimienta gorda, pimienta roja , jengibre, hojas de laurel, canela y clavo.  All of it available in spice stores in Mexico