Chapala.com Webboard

NON-STOP FROM GUADALAJARA

MexLuis

I must take a two way flight/Can wait for good airfare month.

Hoping for same day - in and out of USA.

WHERE DO I FIND THE BEST DEALS/Asking those who have done this and would care to share their info.

Which:

Airlines

Arrival point in US ( example LAX /Los Angeles etc-Any State/Airport is acceptable)

Time of year

Is recommended for least expensive in and out... CHEAP FLIGHTS/NON STOP.

If I understand you correctly, you don't care where you go (in the States), and you can wait for a good time, but you want a cheap flight and back to GDL the same day (if possible).

I suggest you use this link to check out all the direct flights from GDL:

https://www.flightconnections.com/flights-from-guadalajara-gdl

Then you'll need to compare prices on those routes, You can also use Google flights and Rome2Rio to do that.

Hope that helps!

Will anywhere in the US suffice.... you didn't say... and wanting same-day turnaround may make that more difficult. Do you need some time in the US or will 'immediate' return work?

Having asked that..... Volaris flies non-stop to Denver (and other places in the US). One could fly round trip leaving GDL 7:00am and return on that same airplane departing Denver at 11:40 getting back to GDL at 4:20.  You could not leave the airport for this to work. Around $320.

Same thing with better same day turnaround to LAX up in January (leave 6:30am, return/leave LAX at 4:30.  $350

I'm sure there are others like this. 

These prices with Volaris require ticketing by tomorrow... and good until next October.

Volaris usually has the best prices, but better take your own food. Other than a small cup of water, nada is free. But they are on time and a nice staff.

BTW, the "You can cancel within 24-hour" rule is an actual rule from the DOT or FAA, and any airline going into and/or out of the U.S. must comply with the rule.

FWIW, I know someone who missed their Volaris flight due to having an M. I. (heart attack) the day before the flight and was in the hospital. Asked for a future credit from Volaris. Nope.

1 hour ago, NoVaDamer said:

If I understand you correctly, you don't care where you go (in the States), and you can wait for a good time, but you want a cheap flight and back to GDL the same day (if possible).

I suggest you use this link to check out all the direct flights from GDL:

https://www.flightconnections.com/flights-from-guadalajara-gdl

Then you'll need to compare prices on those routes, You can also use Google flights and Rome2Rio to do that.

Hope that helps!

NOVADAMER AND ALL POSTERS: Thats to all posters.  Correct... I could do any entree point, for most any point will have what I require.  Business will take place and returning home later same day is preferable.    Will look into Volaris.   Of course the shorter the flight the better, as I do plan to return same day.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Will anywhere in the US suffice.... you didn't say... and wanting same-day turnaround may make that more difficult. Do you need some time in the US or will 'immediate' return work?

Having asked that..... Volaris flies non-stop to Denver (and other places in the US). One could fly round trip leaving GDL 7:00am and return on that same airplane departing Denver at 11:40 getting back to GDL at 4:20.  You could not leave the airport for this to work. Around $320.

Same thing with better same day turnaround to LAX up in January (leave 6:30am, return/leave LAX at 4:30.  $350

I'm sure there are others like this. 

These prices with Volaris require ticketing by tomorrow... and good until next October.

Ticketing by tomorrow? For the above pricing? Are you speaking about a specific sale?  As in Black Friday Sale?

6 hours ago, Jreboll said:

GDL-SAT is a little over an hour and you can find round trip for under $200  or fly to Reynosa but you would have to get someone to pick you up

Yes, closer is better with SAT on top of that area of preference... Though could not find one for 200 or so with the SAT.  Which airline did you see offering that fare.  Which month is best to do that, for such a rate?  

Volaris website is 'always' advertising some kind of discount. The prices I quoted happened to be good today (thur) and tomorrow for flights into Oct. 2020.

Although it 'ends' tomorrow Volaris will probably have another sale you can't resist on Saturday... or Sunday or Monday etc.

As someone has mentioned these flights are being 'controlled' by a computer taking many things into account. It just pays to look at them often and jump when you see something you like. I did that a few days ago and got a OW nonstop Den-GDL for $125 including fees and taxes.

Just want to add my 2 cents. Internet from Guad to Tijuana, then entered the US through the other end of the building, it's called Cross Border Xpress, and a $12- fee. Incredibly nice US border agents. The flight I took both ways was Interjet, came to $68 round trip.  All in all, the cost was less than $100. Once on US side of the airport terminal, you can hail a cab, Uber, or get a rental car. Weather in San Diego area always perfect. Pleasant day, cool 50s at night. No super heavy clothing needed.

SAT my second choice. 

2 hours ago, kimanjome said:

Just want to add my 2 cents. Internet from Guad to Tijuana, then entered the US through the other end of the building, it's called Cross Border Xpress, and a $12- fee. Incredibly nice US border agents. The flight I took both ways was Interjet, came to $68 round trip.  All in all, the cost was less than $100. Once on US side of the airport terminal, you can hail a cab, Uber, or get a rental car. Weather in San Diego area always perfect. Pleasant day, cool 50s at night. No super heavy clothing needed.

SAT my second choice. 

Very cool.. will look into it!

(Thanks to all, very good info here- and I am sure that many have some extra tricks, so will keep an eye on this thread)