Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
bojackson

Watch repair

Recommended Posts

Other than the guy at the Wednesday tianguis, does anyone know of a person who does watch repair?  There was a man who had a shop by the Chapala  bus station but he passed away a few years back.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, johs said:

Chuy comes to the Chapala tiangus every Monday 

Same guy as at the Wednesday tianguis. There is a skilled watch repair guy in La Floresta and he is under watch repair in the phone book. Fixed mine nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi..I don't think Chuy is the same fellow as at the Wednesday...this fellow goes to bigger towns in Jalisco..different ones every day of the week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, johs said:

Hi..I don't think Chuy is the same fellow as at the Wednesday...this fellow goes to bigger towns in Jalisco..different ones every day of the week

A lot of vendors do multiple tianguis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

If it is a good watch I would not take it to any of the above but to Daniel Jackson at Hildalgo 29A   376 766 2223. He is the best jeweller Lakeside. He takes the watch into Guadalajara to a proper watch repair person

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cedros said:

If it is a good watch I would not take it to any of the above but to Daniel Jackson at Hildalgo 29A   376 766 2223. He is the best jeweller Lakeside. He takes the watch into Guadalajara to a proper watch repair person

The guy in La Floresta is a pro who does the work in his home and my watch is not cheap. No need to go to a middleman jeweler who sends to Guadalajara. have you ever even used him to make such a broad somewhat disparaging statement about him? On the other hand you are correct about the tianguis guy for anything but the basics.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

The guy in La Floresta is a pro who does the work in his home and my watch is not cheap. No need to go to a middleman jeweler who sends to Guadalajara. have you ever even used him to make such a broad somewhat disparaging statement about him? On the other hand you are correct about the tianguis guy for anything but the basics.

Yes, used Daniel many times as I have many watches. What guy in La Floresta? Where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My phone book is not handy right now as I'm on my oxygen machine. I already said that he is under "watchmaker" category in that book. You need to phone for an appointment. And  cedros I asked you if you had used the guy in La Floresta to make such a disparaging remark, not your buddy the middleman jeweler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...