Chapala.com Webboard

Leather cleaners

You might try Dawn detergent, which is my favorite method for cleaning almost anything.  Find a hidden spot for a test; rinse and dry completely with towels.  You may have to do the entire area, as suede will darken after being wet.  

Most leather cleaners seem to be designed for anything but suede & may contain oils.  I would avoid them.  Even soap and water is taking a chance with suede, but you seem ready to accept the need for eventual recovering.

Don't use leather cleaners on real suede!  Leather and suede are two different animals when it comes to cleaning 🐄

If it's a synthetic you may be able to research some options.  But real suede will need a professional with experience.  

I second @bmh....consider recovering it, or buy lots of pillows 😏

Found this at Bob Villa's site https://www.bobvila.com/articles/how-to-clean-a-suede-couch/

See if you can find a tag or label with these markings:

• W-labeled sofas can be cleaned with a water-based solution.
• S-labeled sofas will be stained by water and must be cleaned with a special solvent.
• The label S-W means that you can clean with either a solvent or water.
• An X label means that no liquid should be used on the sofa at all—only a vacuum.

• Like 1