Chapala.com Webboard

Emmisions Testing El Salto

NLU

I'm not sure that I understand it correctly, but what i understand is that on january 15, 2020 the moratotium on emissions testing will end.

After that, i am sure there will be a rush and crowds to get the testing done.

Today, i went to Servicio Automotriz Avila CARRETERA AL VERDE #1100 LAS PINTITAS, 45680 El Salto, Jal., Mexico

with an appointment.

Great leady, in and out, $420 MX

Done til next November!

20 hours ago, NLU said:

I'm not sure that I understand it correctly, but what i understand is that on january 15, 2020 the moratotium on emissions testing will end.

After that, i am sure there will be a rush and crowds to get the testing done.

Today, i went to Servicio Automotriz Avila CARRETERA AL VERDE #1100 LAS PINTITAS, 45680 El Salto, Jal., Mexico

with an appointment.

Great leady, in and out, $420 MX

Done til next November!

You paid for something that does not exist yet so you threw your pesos out the window. Have you not seen numerous posting about this on this forum and some others as well as English and Jalisco Mexican media?And news releases by Our State Government? This has been dealt with ad nauseum.

• Like 2

According to the Informador the current date for restarting the emissions program is mid January.  However I also understood there are already a few testing stations operating in GDL.

If NLU got one of the old style stickers he probably didn't get tested at one of the new stations.

NLU could you post a picture of your windshield sticker?

Well that looks like the old 2019 sticker. 

As noted, recently Informador had another article stating the program restarts in mid January 2020.  I seem to recall the date has been postponed at least once, maybe twice.  They are setting up all new inspection stations because the old ones frequently would take payoffs to pass faulty vehicles or simply take payments for stickers without inspecting at all.  In other words, the usual corruption.

So you might be doing it again soon.  But thanks for the information.

53 minutes ago, Oatsie said:

I enhanced and cropped the photo.  "2019" clearly shows just below and left of the white rectangle.

Test.jpg

So what. It was clearly announced by Jalisco that there would be no testing in 2019 and that not until 2020 would the new testing be legitimately done by newly authourized mechanics who are given the new equipment purchased from a California supplier. Some previous sanctioned mechanics received the stickers but they couldn't actually do the test because the old equipment was nonfunctional and not authourized,in any event. In reality you would have paid for and received nothing in 2019 except a useless sticker. Haven't we had enough of this nonsense  over and over and over again on here? Do you people that continually post this 2019 falsehood not give a darn of constantly misleading others to waste their money?

I'm really sorry!

I must apologize for bothering those of you that I bothered!!

By the way, my paperwork from yesterday's emission testing sez "Fecha limite para la proxima verificacion: lunes, 30 de noviembre de 2020."

That translates to: "Deadline for next verification; Monday 30 November 2020."

I guess I must be really dumb for following the instructions rom http://siga.jalisco.gob.mx/talleres/

So, I will give up!

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, NLU said:

I'm really sorry!

I must apologize for bothering those of you that I bothered!!

By the way, my paperwork from yesterday's emission testing sez "Fecha limite para la proxima verificacion: lunes, 30 de noviembre de 2020."

That translates to: "Deadline for next verification; Monday 30 November 2020."

I guess I must be really dumb for following the instructions rom http://siga.jalisco.gob.mx/talleres/

So, I will give up!

Please do.

• Like 1