Chapala.com Webboard

Picking up people at GDL airport

John F250

I just tell people to look for the taxi booth near the exit from aduana. All they have to do is ask for Ajijic (or the town where you live) and the official will sell them a ticket.The taxi costs about $450 pesos and will take them right to your door. If you like, you can reimburse them for the taxi fare. You can even email them the directions in Spanish to your house and they can just hand it to the driver. Beats the heck out of dealing with all the traffic and trying to find guests in the busy airport pick up area.

• Like 3

I just went back to WA state for a week to visit my daughters and there was no fee to park at the airport last week. When I flew into Guadalajara my husband parked and came in to meet me at the gate coming out of customs. Took him about one minute to find a parking spot and us about 1 1/2 minutes to walk from the gate coming out of customs to the car and no fee to park. Easiest airport visit I have had in my life except for Missoula, Montana and their small airport. 

15 hours ago, John F250 said:

I will be wintering lakeside this year, and will have a few visitors coming to see me.  At GDL airport can you pick people up curbside at the baggage claim level without having to park?

Thanks in advance for your help,

John,

John, I would park. It is not expensive . We like to be picked up and our friend always parks. It is nice to see a familiar smiling face on an arrival.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, Islander said:

John, I would park. It is not expensive . We like to be picked up and our friend always parks. It is nice to see a familiar smiling face on an arrival.

It's not expensive but it can be difficult to get a space adjacent to the terminal these days.  Really just amazing how the usage of this airport has grown so fast.