Chapala.com Webboard

Cursive Handwriting

CHILLIN

Has anyone noticed how so many Mexicans, especially women, have excellent cursive handwriting. Good penmanship as they used to say. I have completely lost my cursive skills, my scribbles are unreadable, even to myself. I have to block print now. We were taught penmanship in elementary school using special three lined books, and fountain pens. Even then I was not good at it and a teacher noted as such in a report card. The next parent teacher night my mother brought in a recent doctor's hand written prescription and asked if she could read any of it. She could not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Like most generalizations to assume a nationality, race, or gender has the same traits just is not correct.  I know many middle and upper class Mexicans who have terrible handwriting.  Daily you can see signs and the words are not spelled correctly. Based on that should we say most Mexicans can not spell?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I believe lakeside7 was saying "I have noticed that most Mexicans (that he has encountered writing) write cursive style without joining the letters. That is what I always mean when I use the phrase "most Mexicans", as no one with common sense would ever think that a person had experienced the entire 180 million pop. Whatta ya think? Some people just gotta find something to criticize. Just let people have their opinion and just express yours if it is different, without trying to "put people down that you think are inferior to you".  Learn to move on so you don't become consumed with hate. Whatta ya think?   :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, HookEmHorns said:

I believe lakeside7 was saying "I have noticed that most Mexicans (that he has encountered writing) write cursive style without joining the letters. That is what I always mean when I use the phrase "most Mexicans", as no one with common sense would ever think that a person had experienced the entire 180 million pop. Whatta ya think? Some people just gotta find something to criticize. Just let people have their opinion and just express yours if it is different, without trying to "put people down that you think are inferior to you".  Learn to move on so you don't become consumed with hate. Whatta ya think?   :D

Thank you HookEm...is there something in the air  that is contaminating certain Lakeside individuals that they have to attack other posters...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Thank you HookEm...is there something in the air  that is contaminating certain Lakeside individuals that they have to attack other posters...

I think it is "the times" we live in. Didn't used to be like that. I miss those days when a person could have an opinion without getting jumped on. If we all (including myself) actually made an effort to not do that, just maybe... 

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed how many gringos, especially men, write using  block letters. Odd they do not use cursive.  

Now can you understand my statement regarding the OP's post (Not Chillins) about generalizations using race, nationality, or gender 

HookEnHorns so you attack me doing exactly what you accuse me of?? 

But part of your response is correct.....

I miss those days when a person could have an opinion without getting jumped on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HookEmHorns said:

Opinions are one thing, facts are another. 

Where did you come up with this 180 million population?  I think you had better go back and check that number, as it appears you are inflating it by about 50 million.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:26 PM, Mostlylost said:

Has anyone noticed how many gringos, especially men, write using  block letters. Odd they do not use cursive.  

Now can you understand my statement regarding the OP's post (Not Chillins) about generalizations using race, nationality, or gender 

HookEnHorns so you attack me doing exactly what you accuse me of?? 

But part of your response is correct.....

I miss those days when a person could have an opinion without getting jumped on.

So, would that be "most gringo men" ???    LOLOLOL

I am guessing by your LOL that Spanish is your first language. I was writing in English. Gringo is also an english word as shown in Websters dictionary. It has a slightly different definition and as English does not have genders for words the phrase "gringo men" is correct.  Just as the OP wrote Mexican women in English as opposed to Mexicanas en español. 

Gracias y tiene buen dia