Chapala.com Webboard

Quality lifestyle possible on 2K per month?

If you moved to Medillin you wouldn't be single very long! You also don't need a car there, its new public transit system is among the world's best. If you want some beach time, in four hours you can get a bus/hotel deal which will land you in some the Caribbean's best destinations, including Latin America's second largest Carnavale, if you are interested in that sort of thing.

It isn't that are not welcome here, you sound like an interesting guy with a lot going on.

Best of luck wherever you land!

On 11/23/2019 at 10:10 AM, blankletmusic said:

I would need to pay for things such as weekly physical therapy sessions  ,monthly chiropractic, blood pressure meds (and a few other meds).

With pre-existing medical conditions.It would be highly unlikely that you'd qualify for either IMSS or private medical insurance.   When we moved here more than 14 years ago, we thought we'd get be able to get private insurance but were turned down because of pre-existing conditions.   

• Like 1

Good luck on our venture. After more information has come out I would recommend the Jocotepec area. Less expensive than other places  but quite livable with a wide selection of services generally good infrastructure. 

On 11/23/2019 at 1:00 PM, blankletmusic said:

Never lived in Chapala. I'll keep that in mind, thank you, but aren't a lot of the neighborhoods there really noisy (again, subjective, I suppose....)

I moved from Ajijic to Chapala because of noise.  My area of Chapala is much quieter.  As to cost of living,  $1K per month is adequate but I don`t have any of the medical expenses you mention and my house (2 bed/1 bath/large yard) rental is less than 300/month.   I moved in before the recent large increase in rental prices.  Comparable prices are now double and increasing so $2K might be closer for you.

18 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

If you moved to Medillin you wouldn't be single very long! You also don't need a car there, its new public transit system is among the world's best. If you want some beach time, in four hours you can get a bus/hotel deal which will land you in some the Caribbean's best destinations, including Latin America's second largest Carnavale, if you are interested in that sort of thing.

It isn't that are not welcome here, you sound like an interesting guy with a lot going on.

Best of luck wherever you land!

Thanks, in the past year I have visited Bogata, Medillin, and three times Panama. I am buried deep in my business here it would be difficult to move but, always on my mind.