Chapala.com Webboard

Water heater

Doyle

I need to replace my water heater and want to install a larger one and I noticed that the larger heaters require more gas pressure. Currently using an 80 L heater and want to replace with a 114 L heater. The specs show the 80 L needs 1.76 kpa and the larger needs 2.74kpa. Is anyone using a 114 L or larger heater or happen to have any idea how much pressure comes from the gas tanks?

• Like 1

You do not need a BIG water heater.  Get an "on demand" heater.  They are very small but only use gas when you turn on the hot water tap.  If you live in a big mansion, you may need more than one, but these are the way to go. We have a Bosch which we purchased from Home Depot in GDL.  There are only two of us and it is more than sufficient.  Other people should chime in here who have on demand heaters.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EldonNova said:

You do not need a BIG water heater.  Get an "on demand" heater.  They are very small but only use gas when you turn on the hot water tap.  If you live in a big mansion, you may need more than one, but these are the way to go. We have a Bosch which we purchased from Home Depot in GDL.  There are only two of us and it is more than sufficient.  Other people should chime in here who have on demand heaters.

Hi EldonNova

What size of WH do you have ? Is it one for the whole house or just in the bathroom for the shower ? I'm thinking of doing a change at my home.

Overall, a great setup is a solar hot water heater, with an auto on-demand unit tied in as backup.     Bosch and Kruger are good on-demand brands, generally speaking.

This way, no matter the use, time of day, or sun conditions, there is 24/7 hot water, as fast as possible, with the minimum of gas use.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, JGiff said:

Hi EldonNova

What size of WH do you have ? Is it one for the whole house or just in the bathroom for the shower ? I'm thinking of doing a change at my home.

Hi Go Solar,  I can't tell you what size it is as the manual covers three sizes and does not indicate which one we have.  It is a Bosch Minimax Electronico either 10/10N, 13/13N or 16/16N.  It is good for the whole house, which means we get hot water in the kitchen and two bathrooms.  It is a one-level house.  I am sure they can tell you at Home Depot the size you need for your type of house (i.e. kitchens and bathrooms). Hope this helps.