Chapala.com Webboard

Oven repairman

Jeanneboo

Gualberto and Carlos attempt repairs on just about every kind of appliance. The number posted is correct and have a little storefront in Riberas. They have misdiagnosed problems on occasion so question their suggestion if it doesn't sound right.

Tio Sam Ajijic is pretty useless for any support after the sale. They are more order takers than real sales people. I've had to find my own repair people/parts for a couple of items purchased there. 

• Sad 1

I always recommend Gualberto and Carlos. They have helped me with various appliances in the past.

I gotta ask though, did this oven ever have correct temperature? If it did then it's probably just the thermostat that needs replacing. However, if this is a new to you oven, be warned that some Mexican ovens have no temperature control at all. I lived with an oven in San Miguel for nine years that didn't have a thermostat at all. It just kept getting hotter and hotter... which is why I never baked there and mostly used an electric frying pan for most things. YMMV.

• Like 1