Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
happyjillin

Shishkabob a la Weber

Recommended Posts

You think everyone on this board cares?  Please share with your friends using a more private app.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody made either of you click on the post! Ya wanna be a Mod send your resume to the Admin.

Thanks for the pics Happy, looks delicious.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you pre-cook the onions and peppers?  Asking as I stopped doing a mixed veg & meat skewer as (for us) the onions and peppers are way underdone when the steak is rare to med-rare (we don't like it done any more than that).  I solve by cooking meat and veg on different skewers.  But it doesn't look as pretty as yours.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Nobody made either of you click on the post! Ya wanna be a Mod send your resume to the Admin.

Thanks for the pics Happy, looks delicious.

  For sure, looks good.

What board rule says there has to be a point?  Maybe the point is…..to make people ask what the point is.  People asking this kind of question are lots of fun at artistic exhibitions and I don´t care if not everyone cares .  That´s a tough level to achieve.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Do you pre-cook the onions and peppers?  Asking as I stopped doing a mixed veg & meat skewer as (for us) the onions and peppers are way underdone when the steak is rare to med-rare (we don't like it done any more than that).  I solve by cooking meat and veg on different skewers.  But it doesn't look as pretty as yours.  

As you can see the vegs aren't precooked and the last few times i did meat and vegs separately. Sometimes I use pork shoulder meat as well which I do longer. I always BBQ  at high heat so as you can see the vegs are done. The interesting thing about kabobs is that almost all ethnic groups do them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, it is "șıș kebab", which is Turkish for 'cooked on a sword'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, happyjillin said:

As you can see the vegs aren't precooked and the last few times i did meat and vegs separately. Sometimes I use pork shoulder meat as well which I do longer. I always BBQ  at high heat so as you can see the vegs are done. The interesting thing about kabobs is that almost all ethnic groups do them.

Croatia-Raznjici, Bohemia,Czech Republic-Spiz. same thing many different names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I have it on good authority that the George Foreman grille was the first ever.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good start Pedro. Maybe now you can work your way up to hot dawgs. Tip: the all beef ones from Costco are pretty good, so are the Argentine "bratwursts" sold at Walmart (frozen).

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...