Chapala.com Webboard

Shishkabob a la Weber

happyjillin

Do you pre-cook the onions and peppers?  Asking as I stopped doing a mixed veg & meat skewer as (for us) the onions and peppers are way underdone when the steak is rare to med-rare (we don't like it done any more than that).  I solve by cooking meat and veg on different skewers.  But it doesn't look as pretty as yours.  

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Nobody made either of you click on the post! Ya wanna be a Mod send your resume to the Admin.

Thanks for the pics Happy, looks delicious.

For sure, looks good.

What board rule says there has to be a point?  Maybe the point is…..to make people ask what the point is.  People asking this kind of question are lots of fun at artistic exhibitions and I don´t care if not everyone cares .  That´s a tough level to achieve.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Do you pre-cook the onions and peppers?  Asking as I stopped doing a mixed veg & meat skewer as (for us) the onions and peppers are way underdone when the steak is rare to med-rare (we don't like it done any more than that).  I solve by cooking meat and veg on different skewers.  But it doesn't look as pretty as yours.  

As you can see the vegs aren't precooked and the last few times i did meat and vegs separately. Sometimes I use pork shoulder meat as well which I do longer. I always BBQ  at high heat so as you can see the vegs are done. The interesting thing about kabobs is that almost all ethnic groups do them.

10 hours ago, happyjillin said:

As you can see the vegs aren't precooked and the last few times i did meat and vegs separately. Sometimes I use pork shoulder meat as well which I do longer. I always BBQ  at high heat so as you can see the vegs are done. The interesting thing about kabobs is that almost all ethnic groups do them.

Croatia-Raznjici, Bohemia,Czech Republic-Spiz. same thing many different names.