Chapala.com Webboard

Border Crossing Recent Violence Nuevo Laredo

cyclarionjoe

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-16/u-s-consulate-in-nuevo-laredo-mexico-issues-safety-warning

There has been recent violence reported in Nuevo Laredo.  I am planning a drive there at the end of the week. I have crossed there many times without problems but last night I was warned about the issues by some Mexican friends. I researched and found the link above.

Has anyone recently crossed at Nuevo Laredo? (Please let me know any experience crossing and around Nuevo Laredo.)

Does anyone have reports of the safety of the area?

Any recommendations about alternate crossings?

I am doing a trip to renew the car permit so it will be a quick drive from Ajijic and return ASAP.

i cross nuevo laredo often south bound and use colombia bridge to go north bound. i would spend the night at the city express on north side of monterrery, go to colombia bridge early, they open at 8am, take care of my business and head south again. zacatecas is a fine city and 8 hours from the border. you wont be very close to nuevo laredo at any time.

• 2 weeks later...