Chapala.com Webboard

parasites

MER

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

That part probably was a joke but used to emphasize avoidance of a doctora there,no?

Poor joke. I wonder who is dense.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to thank all the people that helped me get to Dr Teresa.
I am now on the road to recovery.
I went to doctors, I went to labs, I took several different types of medicine, I even went to San Antonio Emergency Room.
I became so dehydrated that I thought I had a stroke or something similar.  I could not even talk adequately.
The whole thing was really bad.
Shouda, coulda, woulda.  The past is gone. 
I have not completed the two week bout so I cannot say this has worked either.
But I am hopeful that it is working
I really like Dr. Teresa.
One warning...there are two streets with the same name and numbers.

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, bmh said:

You live in Chapala and do not want to drive through Joco.. Pretty funny stuff. 

Yes, Jocotepec is much nicer than Chapala.

• 2 weeks later...

I have learned that the papaya seeds are one of the best remedies.
You eat 20 seeds am and again pm for 5 days, take two days off. 
Then you take oil of oregano for a week every three months.
It knocks out the biofilm.  This is good for the good and bad junk in the gut.
Then wash your produce in vinegar water.
I think it is a cup per gallon of water.
Those three will keep you parasite free.
Papaya seeds daily, oregano oil quarterly; 
wash produce in vinegar water.  
Never touch your face or put fingers in your mouth;
Wash your hand after everything and before everything;

On the negative side, I saw a restaurant recycling the butter.
They put out a small container of herb butter, 
afterward, they scrap the leftovers into a large bowl,
then they refill small containers and put them out.
that is a parasite passage;  

I eat salad and use the vinegar dressing
that disinfects everything.
I am never touching the butter again.

1 hour ago, MER said:

I have learned that the papaya seeds are one of the best remedies.
You eat 20 seeds am and again pm for 5 days, take two days off. 
Then you take oil of oregano for a week every three months.
It knocks out the biofilm.  This is good for the good and bad junk in the gut.
Then wash your produce in vinegar water.
I think it is a cup per gallon of water.
Those three will keep you parasite free.
Papaya seeds daily, oregano oil quarterly; 
wash produce in vinegar water.  
Never touch your face or put fingers in your mouth;
Wash your hand after everything and before everything;

On the negative side, I saw a restaurant recycling the butter.
They put out a small container of herb butter, 
afterward, they scrap the leftovers into a large bowl,
then they refill small containers and put them out.
that is a parasite passage;  

I eat salad and use the vinegar dressing
that disinfects everything.
I am never touching the butter again.

Evidently you haven't lived in Mexico very long. All restaurants recycle Everything you leave on the table, whether you have touched it, smelled it, sampled it, sneezed on it, dropped it on the floor, etc. Just don't think about it and enjoy yourself. After a few years, your system will get used to it and build up a "mexican type" resistance. Welcome to Mexico !  :D

Just now, Hud said:

After a few years, your system will get used to it and build up a "mexican type" resistance.

That's an entirely false and ignorant statement. Mexicans also get parasites and get treated for them. You think all those parasite medications in the pharmacies are there purely for the use of gringoes? And no, all Mexican restaurants don't recycle everything, including what's on the floor. Your statements are racist.

• Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

That's an entirely false and ignorant statement. Mexicans also get parasites and get treated for them. You think all those parasite medications in the pharmacies are there purely for the use of gringoes? And no, all Mexican restaurants don't recycle everything, including what's on the floor. Your statements are racist.

Got that derangement syndrome still I see !!! Only real racists use that word any more. That dog don't hunt here any more. You know so little about life in Mexico.Live with and among real working Mexicans before you run off at the mouth. Kiss my grits !

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, Hud said:

You know so little about life in Mexico.Live with and among real working Mexicans before you run off at the mouth

Yes, I guess I know nothing about life in Mexico, having lived in this country for 18 years, speaking Spanish, and having many Mexican friends and neighbors.

Perhaps you'd like to inform my carpenter, who looked at me like I was nuts several years ago when I said I supposed that Mexicans were immune from the parasites here, told me that of course that wasn't true, and that he and his family get dosed for parasites once a year as a preventative, that he's not a "real working Mexican".

I've never had parasites nor been treated for them although I occasionally will take a sample in to be checked. Nothing, nada, zip. No symptoms and no problems  I treat all vegetables and fruit with microdyn before eating.

7 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

I do think Mexicans tend to build up resistance to some microbial illnesses.

For sure people can build up a resistance to certain things like that in their environment. You can travel to a perfectly civilized first world country and get a bad stomach from drinking the perfectly safe water simply because it might be composed of different things than the water you are used to drinking. Also, many Americans and Canadians are germ-a-phobes- they keep thing so clean and sterilized they never build up any resistance to anything. Doctors came out with warnings about this years ago- that the overuse of antibacterial soaps on a regular basis in one's home is leading to greatly increased cases of asthma and allergies in children.

But things like parasites and salmonella don't differentiate between the color of someone's skin or their nationality.

• Like 4

I know several indigenous who died from salmonella so obviously even the real locals.. are not immune.. They also have plenty of parasites.. all you have to do is speak with aSP doctor or a clinic in a community and you will quickly find out that no one is immune.

1 minute ago, bmh said:

I know several indigenous who died from salmonella...

There are many forms that include:

Typhoid fever, also known simply as typhoid, is a bacterial infection due to a specific type of Salmonella

On 11/18/2019 at 11:23 PM, Yo1 said:

Theresa referring to her husband's lab is a conflict of interest.  She loves to diagnose lung yeast and the very expensive and drawn out treatment.  No thanks for me.

That is okay. Then I won't have to wait as long for an appointment.

25 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I wouldn't go to her if you paid me. Yo1 is correct. Sending her patients to her husband's lab IS a conflict of interest.

Are you a GOL? If it is a conflict (they are both very professional) it is done widely in Mexico so get used to it. It makes for faster service.