Chapala.com Webboard

parasites

MER

1 hour ago, MER said:

Heard that there is a lakeside doctor that does in office stool tests for parasites. 

anybody know a name?

Dr. Teresa Morales in Jocotepec has been known as the "bug doctor" for at least 15 years. Still a highly regarded diagnostician, especially for parasites.

• Sad 4

You would need to go to a lab and get a sample container; labs don't like samples brought in in baggies. Likely won't get the results until the next day.  With the lab results you can ask your doctor for his opinion.  Parasite medicine is pretty potent so you best have a definitive diagnosis rather then self medicate.
If you are really bad then go to either of the hospitals.

19 minutes ago, WideSky said:

You would need to go to a lab and get a sample container; labs don't like samples brought in in baggies. Likely won't get the results until the next day.  With the lab results you can ask your doctor for his opinion.  Parasite medicine is pretty potent so you best have a definitive diagnosis rather then self medicate.
If you are really bad then go to either of the hospitals.

Stool and urine sample containers are available at any farmacia. Best Labs has one parasite test that gives results in 2 hours or less depending how busy the onsite tech is. The more extensive test takes 2-3 days.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:56 AM, happyjillin said:

I have used Best Labs in Riberas for parasite detection. No doctor does this "in office".

Dr. Teresa's doctor husband does the tests upstairs from her office in Jocotepec while you wait.

14 hours ago, happyjillin said:

She is known by another handle too, by some that have had her "diagnosis" which is not so complimentary -right?

By some, but she corrected diagnosis wrongly made by 3 well know Ajijic doctors for me.

8 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Theresa referring to her husband's lab is a conflict of interest.  She loves to diagnose lung fungus and the very expensive and drawn out treatment.  No thanks for me.

No conflict as she is very professional and she can trust him. I and others I know have seen her many times and have never heard of her giving lung fungus diagnose.

7 hours ago, cedros said:

No conflict as she is very professional and she can trust him. I and others I know have seen her many times and have never heard of her giving lung fungus diagnose.

Because she's off to other diagnoses now.  I wouldn't take my dog to see her because of her probmatic treatment.  Ask a gringo who had to move north because of an incorrect medicine that almost killed his wife and caused them to need to be at a lower elevation, as ONE example.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Because she's off to other diagnoses now.  I wouldn't take my dog to see her because of her probmatic treatment.  Ask a gringo who had to move north because of an incorrect medicine that almost killed his wife and caused them to need to be at a lower elevation, as ONE example.

I could say the same about several well known Ajijic doctors but I won't. I have seen Dr. Teresa maybe 20 times and everything has been good. She isn't perfect but she is the best I've found Lakeside. To each his/her own.  

21 hours ago, Willie said:

We have lived in Mexico over 25 yrs and  never have had parasites but then we have taken Neem in capsule form for years.  Google it for great info. 

From whom do you buy the capsules? What brand?

I've used Neem oil on plants and found it to be quite foul smelling. Do the capsules cause any reflux? 

Thank you for any additional info you can provide.

This is what I needed to know.  Not sure it is a parasite.   
Already used two different parasite meds.  Daxon and Vermox Plus.  
Might be from mosquito bites.  Don't know.
So I need a doctor to check.
I will try Neem and Dr. Teresa Morales in Jocotepec

Does anybody have an address or phone number?

• Sad 3

Take a stool sample to a lab to find out what is in your gut.  Should only take a day for them to look in the microscope and identify the crawlies.  If you take any kind of parasitic before a stool test, your test will not be accurate.  After everything you've read about Dr. Teresa, you still want her info, good luck.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, MER said:

After reading what I've read here and on other threads, I don't even want to drive through Joco, let alone visit this quack. I'm amazed anyone would.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, MER said:

Dr. Teresa. Office at Morelos #149 in Jocotepec (green awning). 387 763 1088  cell 331 065 4200

Try her and see what you think. Judge for your self

On 11/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, chapalence said:

After reading what I've read here and on other threads, I don't even want to drive through Joco, let alone visit this quack. I'm amazed anyone would.

Silly post. How would driving through Joco affect you? She is one of the better doctors Lakeside (I've been to about 8 different ones). I found lots of quacks in Ajijic.  As in many places in Mexico buyer beware when it comes to professionals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1